Potato Salad Recipe
In search of one more side dish for your weekend barbecue? Look no further, here it is! While leisurely browsing in the grocery store, yes, that's what us foodies do, I was excited to discover Melissa's Dutch Yellow PeeWee Potatoes* in the produce section. PeeWees are a petite sweet creamy textured potato and will become a favorite for sure.
And everyone loves potatoes, especially when they're petite and yummy, and everyone loves buffalo and ranch flavors. Put them all together and you've got a Kickin' Good Buffalo Ranch Potato Salad! Stir in a little celery and scallion for crunch, and pickled jalapenos....oh la la that gives it a kick....and some grape tomatoes for a little relief of freshness to calm down the heat....and you're good to go! Kick up your feet and enjoy your barbecue!
Easy Summer Side Dishes
Be sure to round out your al fresco get together with more easy summer side dish recipes. Keep that grill going with Grilled Corn With Tomato Basil Butter or Grilled Corn With Cilantro Lime Butter. Pesto Florentine Campanelle Pasta is the perfect seasonal pasta side dish and Creamy Pesto Potato Salad will delight your tastebuds. Jalapeno Lime Summer Fruit Salad is a refreshing addition to your summer menu and Blueberry Peach Orzo is filled with the fruit flavors of summer.
Burgers are always a hit at summer barbecues and Bruschetta Burgers With Crispy Prosciutto and Caprese Burgers both fit the bill! But burgers don’t have to be the only main dish cooking on your grill! Grilled Chipotle Chicken ‘N Peaches , Strawberry Basil Margarita Chicken, Grilled Skirt Steak With Cocoa Spice Rub and Spiced-Rubbed Sirloin With Chimichurri Sauce are perfect recipes for the grilling season. And if you love seafood then you definitely must try Grilled Mojito Shrimp and Chipotle Honey Glazed Salmon With Pistachio Butter!
Have you checked out my Ultimate Guide To Making Homemade Salad Dressings? Making a Homemade Salad Dressing is so easy and takes just minutes. Made with simple real food ingredients, your salad dressing from scratch is not just better than store bought, it’s better for you and oh so delicious too!
Kickin' Good Buffalo Ranch Potato Salad
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 lbs. Dutch Yellow PeeWee Potatoes*, halved crosswise, 5 cups
- 1 cup red and/or yellow grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 scallions, sliced on diagonal, 1/2 cup
- 2 stalks celery, chopped, 1 cup
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, drained, chopped, from 1 (12 oz.) jar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Buffalo Ranch salad dressing
- additional jalapeno slices, optional garnish
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Place potatoes in pot of cold water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Boil 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain; run under cold water until potatoes are cool.
- In bowl combine potatoes, tomatoes, scallions, celery, jalapenos and salt.
- Stir in Buffalo Ranch salad dressing, toss until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Stir before serving, adding additional salad dressing, if necessary. Garnish with additional jalapeno slices, if desired..
*Look for these petite potatoes by Melissa's Produce in your local grocery store! They are available in 1.5 lb. and 3 lb. bags. Click on the link below to learn more about PeeWees at Melissa's Produce: http://www.melissas.com/Products/Products/Peewee-Dutch-Yellow-Potatoes.aspx