Looking for a refreshing cocktail and a delicious dinner? Why not put them together and have it all in one bite? Grilled Mojito Shrimp is just that! All you need is a quick marinade for your shrimp in a mint, rum and lime mixture and a few minutes on the grill and you’ll have a fabulously delicious Cuban cocktail-inspired dinner! Cheers!
Grilled Mojito Shrimp
1/3 cup spiced rum
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
3 Tbs. honey
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. lime zest
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 lb. large shrimp, 31/40 count, peeled, deveined, tails left on
4 (12-inch long) wooden or metal skewers
1. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes.
2. In bowl combine rum, lime juice, chopped mint, honey, oil, lime zest, garlic powder and kosher salt. Reserve 2 Tbs. rum mixture.
3. Transfer remaining rum mixture to ziplock plastic food storage bag. Add shrimp. Marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes, turning once.
4. Preheat grill for direct-heat grilling.
5. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade.
6. Skewer shrimp and grill until opaque and cooked through, turning once.
7. Arrange skewers on serving platter. Brush with reserved rum mixture.
Makes 4 servings.