Our Mojito Key Lime Bars is an easy recipe with a flavorful twist on traditional lime bars. Key lime juice and fresh mint combine to give our mojito inspired dessert the flavors of the Cuban cocktail.
Key Lime Bars Recipe
What could possibly be better than Key Lime Bars? Mojito Key Lime Bars, of course! The mojito cocktail is flavored with lime and fresh mint and with the simple addition of fresh mint to our Mojito dessert recipe you’ll have the flavors of summer and a Mojito cocktail together in a lime bar.
Even better, our Mojito bar recipe is non-alcoholic so everyone can enjoy a taste! This mojito inspired dessert is a great way to indulge in a sweet treat!
Making the crust for our lime bars with refrigerated cookie dough cuts down on the prep time for this recipe. And we always love short cuts that make a recipe easier!
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- egg yolks
- Key lime juice
- baking powder
- green food coloring gel
- lime zest
- fresh mint
- whipped topping
- green cake sparkles
- candy lime slices
What do Mojitos taste like?
A mojito cocktail is made by muddling fresh mint, fresh lime juice, sugar and rum together. This drink is topped off with ice and soda. A mojito should be tart, but not sour, with a citrus lime tang and fresh mint flavor.
What kind of mint goes in a mojito?
Spearmint is the mint that gives a mojito it’s minty flavor.
What ingredients are in a mojito?
- Fresh lime
- Fresh mint
Easy Summer Desserts
You don’t need an ice cream maker to make our Peaches N Cream Ice Cream recipe! This no churn ice cream is made with fresh peaches and a hint of vanilla. With just four ingredients, our homemade peach ice cream will be the most requested frozen treat of the summer!
A Raspberry Lemon Mug Cake, hot out of the microwave and topped with whipped topping, lemon curd and fresh raspberries, is a delicious quick and easy no bake dessert recipe.
My award winning Bourbon Peach Cheesecake Mousse will be a winner on your table too! A pecan graham crust and Bourbon peaches give this no-bake cheesecake mousse recipe it's southern flair!
Watermelon Pizza is a no-bake easy dessert that’s bursting with fresh summer fruits, mint and lime Greek yogurt! Our watermelon dessert recipe is so much fun for kids and it’s colorful and healthy too!
Triple Citrus Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Cups are bursting with fresh blueberries surrounded with crunchy granola and creamy Greek yogurt and flavored with a pop of citrus!
When it’s too hot to turn on your oven but you need that fresh baked slice of cake, Nectarine Upside Down Skillet Cake is your go-to recipe. Fresh summer fruit cooks in a buttery brown sugar glaze topped with cake batter that is perfectly spiced with cinnamon and ginger. Our easy dessert recipe starts with a cake mix and cooks on your stove top!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mojito Key Lime Bars
- 1 package (16.5 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup Key lime juice, from 1 (16 oz.) bottle
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 25 drops green food coloring gel, about 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 cups thawed whipped topping from 1 (8 oz.) container
- green cake sparkles Wilton
- 20 candy lime slices OR thin slices of fresh lime
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan with foil leaving 2-inch overhang. Coat generously with cooking spray.
- Press cookie dough onto bottom of pan and 1-inch up sides of pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat eggs, egg yolks and sugar until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- In separate bowl combine key lime juice, cornstarch and baking powder. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved and mixture is smooth.
- With mixer on medium speed, gradually add lime mixture to egg mixture. Add green color. Beat until blended.
- Stir in zest and chopped mint.
- Carefully pour mixture into baked crust and return to oven and bake additional 30 minutes or until set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack. Using foil overhang, lift out of pan and cool completely on wire rack.