Gooey S’mores Brownies is an easy recipe that takes s’mores to another level. Graham crackers are baked into brownies and then topped with chocolate bars and marshmallow fluff creating a melty gooey chocolate marshmallow topping with mini marshmallows on top!Happy National S’mores Day! Toasty marshmallows (I actually like mine on the extra crispy side) that melt chocolate bars with their heat when sandwiched between graham crackers, make for a mighty fine treat! S’mores, the traditional nighttime campfire treat, has been around since the early 1900’s. I have fond memories of Girl Scout camping weekends filled with friends, campfires and lots of s’mores! But don’t just make a traditional s’mores campfire recipe! Our Gooey S’mores Brownies take s’mores to another level. To make this s’mores recipe with marshmallow fluff, graham crackers are baked into brownies and then topped with chocolate bars and marshmallow fluff creating a melty gooey chocolate marshmallow topping. And don’t forget the mini marshmallows on top! Now we’re talking s’mores!
S’mores Recipes Variations
Are you craving a s’mores and there’s no campfire nearby? Not a problem! Just top a graham cracker with a chocolate candy bar and marshmallows. Microwave for about 30 seconds or until marshmallows begin to puff. Remove from microwave and top with another graham cracker and there you have it! A warm melty s’mores recipe microwave style!
And when the only fire you have is on a gas grill, it’s time to make Grilled S’mores! A s’mores sandwich, wrapped in foil and warmed on the grill will be a warm chocolate marshmallow treat.
S’mores Puddin’ Bars has layers of chocolate fudge pudding mousse and graham crackers topped with mini marshmallows, graham cracker bits and a hot fudge drizzle! And if you’re craving a frozen treat just pop them in the freezer and you’re all set!
When it’s too hot to light the fire or even grill up S’mores, the next best thing is a bowl of homemade S’mores Ice Cream made without an ice cream maker! Creamy, cold, chunky and studded with milk chocolate, mini marshmallows and bits of grahams, S’mores Ice Cream will satisfy your craving and cool you off at the same time.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 8" x 8" square baking pan with foil leaving 2-inch overhang. Coat with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of prepared pan with 3 whole graham crackers and one graham cracker cut into thirds.
- With mixer on medium speed combine brownie mix, eggs, oil and water, beating until a batter forms.
- Pour brownie batter over graham cracker layer, covering evenly.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven. Immediately top with three whole candy bars and one candy bar cut into thirds. Let stand until chocolate has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Top with dollops of marshmallow fluff. Swirl with knife to make topping.
- Top with mini marshmallows.
- Serve ooey gooey warm (you'll need lots of napkins!) or completely cooled, your choice! Cut into 12 brownies.
Makes 12 servings.