Watermelon Pizza is an easy dessert bursting with fresh summer fruits, mint and lime Greek yogurt! So much fun for kids and it’s colorful and healthy too!
Watermelon Pizza Recipe
Summertime means juicy watermelon. And sweet berries. And succulent peaches. And lots of delicious fresh summery flavors! So why not put them all together and call it a Watermelon Pizza? Because, really now, how much fun is that? Kids will love it because it looks so colorful and pretty. You will love it because this watermelon pizza recipe takes less that 10 minutes to put together. And everyone will love the fresh flavors of summer fruits with tangy lime yogurt and pops of fresh mint flavor! Summer dessert never tasted so good or was so easy to make! Watermelon Pizza sounds like a win-win to me!
How to Pick a Watermelon
There’s nothing quite as disappointing as bringing home a beautiful green watermelon only to find it has no flavor because it isn’t ripe yet. Here’s some pointers on how to pick a watermelon:
- The watermelon should feel heavy for it’s size.
- Look for a yellow spot where the watermelon rested on the ground as it grew. When this spot is creamy yellow, the watermelon is ripe.
- A ripe watermelon will have a hollow sound when you tap it.
Summer Fruit Recipes
With all the fresh fruit available in the summer, you’ll want to give these summer fruit recipes a try too!
Made with fresh blueberries, yogurt and granola, Triple Citrus Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Cups are a refreshing and nutritious frozen breakfast, dessert or snack. Triple Citrus Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Cups are bursting with fresh blueberries surrounded with crunchy granola and creamy Greek yogurt and flavored with a pop of citrus!
Too hot to bake? You can have a piece of Blueberry Mug Cake With Lemon Glaze in just minutes with our easy recipe that “bakes” in your microwave in just minutes!
Jalapeno Lime Summer Fruit Salad is bursting with sweet juicy berries and watermelon, fresh mint, zesty lime and a hint of jalapeno heat!
Watermelon Pizza is a easy dessert bursting with fresh summer fruits, mint and lime Greek yogurt! So much fun for kids and healthy too!
- 1 (1-inch thick) round slice of watermelon
- ½ cup Greek lime yogurt
- ½ cup (each) assorted fruits, such as raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, figs, peaches
- Fresh mint leaves
- Spread lime yogurt on top of watermelon to within ½-inch of edges.
- Arrange fruits on top of yogurt.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and cut into wedges.
Makes 6 slices.