Not too big…..not too small….filled with creaminess and dreaminess in every bite! This Mother’s Day mom will be delighted, and so impressed, when you treat her to Lemon Gingersnap Cheesecake Cupcakes for dessert. Simply top a cookie with a lemon-kissed cheesecake batter and crown it with a heavenly swirl of lemon topping….a fabulously delicious sweet indulgence! Happy Mother’s Day!
Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes
12 gingersnap cookies
2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbs. lemon zest
6 Tbs. store bought lemon curd
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Press a gingersnap cookie in bottom of each liner.
2. With mixer on medium-high beat cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until blended, scraping sides of bowl occasionally, about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in lemon zest. Divide batter evenly between prepared liners.
5. Bake 25 minutes or until centers are set. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
6. Top each cheesecake cupcake with 2 teaspoons lemon curd. Refrigerate or serve at room temperature.
Makes 12 cheesecake cupcakes.