It’s strawberry season! It’s strawberry season! I am so excited that it’s strawberry season! The sweet fragrance, beautiful deep red color and absolutely divine flavor of this delicious fruit is simply to die for! You’ll definitely enjoy your strawberries when you try Strawberry Baby Greens Salad with Buttery Spiced Pecans & Strawberry Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette. A refreshing baby greens salad with pecans that lend just the right amount of spice and a strawberry basil balsamic vinaigrette that sweetly coats the delicate salad greens and fruit.
Love strawberries? Then be sure to try Strawberry Pistachio Quinoa With Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette and Strawberry Basil Margarita Chicken. And start your day with a Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie and end your day with Honey-Kissed Strawberry Frozen Yogurt! Hooray for strawberry season!
Strawberry Baby Greens Salad with Buttery Spiced Pecans has a hint of spice with a strawberry basil balsamic vinaigrette coating the delicate salad greens.
- 1 Tb. butter
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle chile pepper
- 1 cup pecans, 4 oz.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs. strawberry preserves
- 2 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 8 cups baby greens, about 4 oz.
- 8 strawberries, trimmed, quartered, about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- In medium non-stick skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add cinnamon, cumin, 1/4 tsp. kosher salt and chipotle. Stir in pecans. Cook until pecans are fragrant and lightly toasted, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Transfer to wax paper; cool.
- In serving bowl combine olive oil, strawberry preserves, vinegar, basil, pepper and remaining 1/2 tsp. kosher salt. Whisk until blended.*
- Add greens, strawberries, red onion and pecans.
- Toss until evenly coated.
Makes 8 cups tossed salad.
*If preparing salad to serve later in the day, make vinaigrette in separate bowl and just toss before serving!