From the juicy fresh strawberries and crunchy pistachios to the delicate quinoa, Strawberry Pistachio Quinoa With Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette is packed with nutrition and flavor. An easy quinoa salad that's tossed in a light homemade vinaigrette, this easy side dish recipe will complement many meals.
Strawberry Pistachio Quinoa Recipe
Strawberry season is in full swing now and here's yet another to-die-for way to serve them up! From the fresh strawberries and pistachios to the trendy quinoa, this recipe is packed with nutrition. Did you know that quinoa made such an impact on the nutrition scene that 2013 was named "The International Year of the Quinoa" by the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations! I mean, really, who knew? Now you do!
With quinoa being touted as the new super food containing heart healthy fats, anti-inflammatory properties, being cholesterol free and serving as a complete source of protein, it's no wonder it's popping up everywhere! And now it can pop up on your table too in our tasty quinoa salad recipe ....along with fabulously delicious seasonal strawberries.
From the juicy fresh strawberries and crunchy pistachios to the delicate quinoa, Strawberry Pistachio Quinoa is brimming with nutrition and protein. Lightly coated in a lemon oregano vinaigrette, this quinoa recipe is also a great way to use those fragrant strawberries of summer too.
Facts About Quinoa*
- Quinoa is pronounced keen-wah
- It was the ancient grain of the Incas
- Provides valuable amounts of heart-healthy fats
- Contains antioxidants
- Is cholesterol free
- Serves as a complete protein source
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Provides twice the amount of calcium as found in whole wheat
- Is a member of the spinach, Swiss chard and beets family
*Reference: The World's Healthiest Foods
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- lemon zest
- dried oregano
- kosher salt
- fresh strawberries
- feta cheese
- red onion
Easy Quinoa Recipes
With everything that's good about quinoa, you'll be wanting more quinoa recipes in your life. Why not start with these?
Lemon Basil Avocado Quinoa with a light citrus dressing, fresh basil and the super food avocado, is a light yet satisfying nutritious addition any summer meal.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad With Feta & Dill is brimming with artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, dill and creamy feta cheese, the fresh flavors of Greece.
Filled with lentils and quinoa, carrots and kale, Quinoa Lentil Broth Bowl will be a perfect Meatless Monday dinner when you make it with vegetable broth and top it with an egg!
A bruschetta topping of heirloom tomatoes, red onion, fresh basil, olive oil and white balsamic vinegar top a bowl of the super grain quinoa for a colorful summer side dish when you make Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta Quinoa.
And don't forget to add quinoa to your breakfast! Grab N Go Quinoa Egg Muffins are an ideal way to start your day packed with protein. and you can eat them on the run too! Great for those busy mornings!
And have you checked out my Ultimate Guide To Making Homemade Salad Dressings? Making a Homemade Salad Dressing is so easy and takes just minutes. Made with simple real food ingredients, your salad dressing from scratch is not just better than store bought, it’s better for you and oh so delicious too!
Strawberry Pistachio Quinoa with Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup crumbled garlic & herb feta or feta
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- In medium saucepot bring 2 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add quinoa. Cook until water has been absorbed, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir to fluff up. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in serving dish combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest, oregano, sugar, kosher salt and pepper until blended.
- Stir in quinoa, strawberries, pistachios, feta and red onion until evenly coated.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. It’s delicious any way you serve it!