Our Quinoa Salad With Avocado is such an easy side dish recipe. A homemade citrus dressing, fresh basil and the creamy avocado combine to make this avocado quinoa a delicious addition any summer meal.
Quinoa and avocado salad
Avocado, the good fat. Quinoa, the mother of all grains. Together they give you a punch of nutrition!
Avocados are a nutrient dense fruit filled with almost 20 essential nutrients including fiber, potassium and minerals.
Quinoa, referred to as a grain, is actually an edible seed also packed with protein, fiber and minerals. Thought to be sacred as far back as in the Inca Empire, quinoa recently became trendy as a “super food”.
Enjoy a serving of quinoa and avocado salad on Meatless Monday with tofu or top with cooked chicken, shrimp or beef and make it your main meal.
Either way I guarantee you’ll be coming back for seconds!
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Substitute orzo for the quinoa
- Make it with lime or orange
- Substitute fresh parsley for the fresh basil
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Need a break from cooking every now and then? Explore the Best-Selling Meal Plans! Check out the freshly prepared, restaurant quality gourmet meals from Home Bistro that will be delivered right to your very own home. Sometimes you just need to treat yourself because you deserve it!
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- frozen peas
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh basil
Recipes with avocado
Spicy Nacho Stuffed Peppers is an easy appetizer recipe seasoned with taco seasoning and brimming with salsa, black beans, corn, avocado, jalapeno and cheesy goodness!
The fresh clean flavors of garlic, fresh ginger and lime and the buttery creaminess of chunks of avocados come together to create Avocado Lime Chicken Soup, a new comfort soup favorite!
Make a Brown Rice Taco Bowl , with seasoned beef and salsa, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, cheddar cheese and red onion over good-for-you brown rice. All the flavors of a taco in a bowl for your next Taco Tuesday!
Start your morning with a Baked Egg In Avocado, a breakfast that cooks itself in the oven while you're busy getting ready for your day.
Quinoa Salad With Avocado
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen peas , thawed
- 3 Tbs. olive oil , preferably extra virgin
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 avocado , chopped, 1 cup
- 3 Tbs. thinly sliced fresh basil
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- In medium saucepot bring 2 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until water has been absorbed, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using a fork, fluff up quinoa and then stir in peas. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in serving dish combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, kosher salt and pepper until blended.
- Stir in quinoa mixture, avocado and basil, gently tossing until evenly coated. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
This was very delicious! So bright & flavorful! Omitted peas because I’m not a fan of them. Thanks for the delicious recipe. Leftovers made a yummy breakfast.
Hi Anita, I'm so happy that you enjoyed my recipe! And the beauty of cooking is that you can personalize a recipe and make it your own, hold the peas! Thank you for stopping by. I truly appreciate that you are here at Swirls. Savor The Moments, Gwynn