Tomatoes, red onion, fresh basil, olive oil and white balsamic vinegar combine to make a flavorful bruschetta topping for quinoa. Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta Quinoa is an easy side dish recipe that's bursting with the fresh flavors of summer in every bite!
Tomato Bruschetta Quinoa
If it's summer it must be tomato season! And that means I'm putting tomatoes in another recipe! This time it's Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta Quinoa, a side dish that will take you right though the summer!
I'm mixing an easy bruschetta recipe of heirloom tomatoes, red onion, fresh basil, olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. And that's all you need to elevate a bowl of the super food quinoa to a new level of delicious and nutritious.
Actually you can top any super grain you prefer and the fabulous flavor of our best bruschetta topping will infuse the grain and make your mouth water! So head on over to your local farmers market and pick up some fresh summer vegetables. You'll be so happy summer and tomato season are here!
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- heirloom tomatoes
- red onion
- fresh basil
- white balsamic vinegar
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love quinoa? Time to add these recipes with quinoa to your recipe lineup!
Fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil…..the true flavors of summer! Quinoa Caprese combines quinoa, the oh-so popular super food, and the flavors known as "Caprese" for your new favorite dish of the summer!
And don't forget to add quinoa to your breakfast! Grab N Go Quinoa Egg Muffins are an ideal way to start your day packed with protein!
From the juicy fresh strawberries and crunchy pistachios to the delicate quinoa, Strawberry Pistachio Quinoa is packed with nutrition and flavor.
Lemon Basil Avocado Quinoa with a light citrus dressing, fresh basil and the super food avocado, is a light yet satisfying addition to any summer meal.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad With Feta & Dill is brimming with artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, dill and creamy feta cheese, the fresh flavors of Greece.
Filled with lentils and quinoa, carrots and kale, Quinoa Lentil Broth Bowl will be a perfect Meatless Monday dinner when you make it with vegetable broth and top it with an egg!
Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa*
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, preferably extra virgin, divided
- 1 tsp. kosher salt divided
- 1/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper, divided
- 2 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 2 Tbs. chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- In medium saucepot bring 2 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until water has been absorbed, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using a fork, fluff up quinoa. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover and cool to room temperature.
- In serving dish combine quinoa, shredded Parmesan, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper.
- In another bowl combine tomatoes, red onion, basil, garlic, white balsamic vinegar and remaining 2 Tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 tsp. kosher salt and 1/8 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper. Arrange tomato mixture over quinoa. Toss just before serving.