Quinoa Lentil Broth Bowl, a Panera copycat recipe, is an easy recipe for a hearty bowl of soup filled with lentils, quinoa, carrots, kale and a hint of lemon in a light tomato broth. Switch out the chicken broth for vegetable broth, top with an egg and you'll have a perfect Meatless Monday dinner!
Broth Bowl Recipe
Treasured friends. Such an important part of my life. Just like the Girl Scout song goes, some are silver and the others gold. Janice, my college roommate, a dear friend for many, many, many decades, is one of my golden friends and it's truly wonderful to spend time together.
We recently sampled Panera's new broth bowls for lunch and they were fabulous! So fabulous that I went home and created my version of a quinoa lentil bowl, my copycat Panera recipe!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Panera's bowls are Asian inspired with a unami soy-miso broth but I made my broth bowl more universal with a chicken tomato broth and a harvest grains blend in my favorite bowls.
Quinoa Lentil Broth Bowl is filled with lentils and quinoa or a grains blend, carrots and kale, oh, and a hint of lemon too, in a light tomato broth.
Feel free to switch out the chicken broth for vegetable broth, top with an egg and you'll have a perfect Meatless Monday dinner!
Panera offers topping their bowls with a cage free egg, or chicken raised without antibiotics, which is why I love Panera so much....because they love us and care about our nutrition! Treasure your friends and treasure your nutritional well-being!
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
Make it vegetarian:
- use vegetable broth
- add an egg
Make it a hearty meal:
- use chicken broth
- top with sliced cooked chicken
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- olive oil
- kale leaves
- Sazon seasoning
- chicken or vegetable broth
- canned diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and onion
- cooked chicken, optional
Homemade Soup Recipes
When the weather begins to turn and there's a chill in the air, I always crave a bowl of piping hot homemade soup. And with lots of soup recipes here at Swirls, a bowl of soup is always different. Check these out!
Chicken Lentil Soup is an easy weeknight recipe made with chicken thighs and vegetables that will warm you up!
Ready in a matter of minutes, Instant Pot Curried Cauliflower Soup is amazingly rich and silky, packed with fresh veggies and great flavor. You won’t believe that there’s no cream or cheese in it!
Cannellini beans, baby kale mix and a swirl of pesto give Pesto Minestrone a new twist on a classic favorite!
Filled with fresh veggies, seasoned with fresh ginger, cilantro and lime, and finished with rice noodles, Thai Ginger Vegetable Noodle Soup has arrived in your kitchen!
Quinoa Lentil Broth Bowl
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 thinly sliced lemon wheels
- 1 onion, chopped, 1 cup
- 2 cups packed chopped kale leaves, abut 2 ounces
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped, 1 cup
- 1 rib celery, chopped, 1/2 cup
- 1 envelope Sazan seasoning, Goya or Knorr brand
- 3 cans (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth or vegetable broth, 5 1/4 cups
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and onion
- 1/3 cup lentils*
- 1/3 cup quinoa*
- cooked sliced chicken optional
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in saucepot. Cook lemon wheels until golden and caramelized, turning once and reserve.
- Cook onion, kale, carrots, celery and Sazan seasoning until vegetables are just tender, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken or vegetable broth, diced tomatoes with their juices and reserved lemon wheels. Bring to a boil. Stir in lentils and quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until grains are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Top with sliced cooked chicken, if desired.
Thanks for stopping by. Leave a tip or comment...