Buttered Ranch Cauliflower
Cauliflower, the new “it” vegetable, is trending like crazy! Cauliflower pizza crusts, cauliflower mashed potatoes, cauliflower nuggets….cauliflower is popping up every where! And Buttered Ranch Cauliflower will be popping up on your table. This vegetable casserole is baked in a tangy ranch buttery coating with a crunchy panko topping and will hands-down be your new “it” recipe! Pass the cauliflower please!
All About Cauliflower
There are many reasons why this cousin to cabbage, kale, broccoli and collards is the favorite new kid on the nutrition block.Cauliflower has a milky sweet, almost nutty flavor along with over 9 grams of fiber in every 100 calories, making it good for your digestive health. Because of its omega-3 and vitamin K content, this cruciferous vegetable also provides us with anti-inflammatory and cardiovascular benefits. An excellent source of vitamin C and manganese, cauliflower provides antioxidant benefits too! When buying this sweet nutty-flavored vegetable, look for clean creamy white colored heads that feel heavy for their size and are surrounded by fresh looking ribbed green leaves.
Want more cauliflower in your life? Me too! That’s why these cauliflower recipes are in my recipe rotation. Time to add them to yours! General Tso’s Cauliflower for a Meatless Monday dinner, Pepperoni Cauliflower Pizza Bites for a movie night snack, Cauliflower Grilled Cheese With Fig Jam & Cheddar makes a great low carb lunch and get out your Instant Pot for Instant Pot Curried Cauliflower Soup!
Buttered Ranch Cauliflower is bursting with buttery goodness and flavor! Just four ingredients will get you a delicious side dish that will quickly become a go-to recipe!
- 6 cups cauliflower florettes, about 1 medium cauliflower*, trimmed and cut into florettes
- 6 Tbs. butter, melted, divided
- 1 (1.0 oz.) envelope Ranch Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix
- 1/2 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine 5 Tbs. butter and ranch mix in 2-quart baking dish. Add cauliflower and toss until evenly coated.
- Combine panko breadcrumbs and remaining 1 Tbs. melted butter and sprinkle over top of cauliflower.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden and cauliflower is tender.
*When buying this sweet nutty-flavored vegetable, look for clean creamy white colored heads that feel heavy for their size and are surrounded by fresh looking ribbed green leaves.