Rosemary Balsamic Cauliflower Steaks is an easy vegetable recipe that’s perfect for both a plant-based lifestyle and meatless Monday. Balsamic cauliflower steaks are seasoned with rosemary, oven roasted until tender and topped with a sautéed tomato, garlic and onion mixture and finished off with balsamic vinegar. A meatless vegan recipe!
Rosemary Balsamic Cauliflower Steaks Recipe
There’s a new trend on Pinterest and, yes, I’m hopping on the bandwagon again! Cauliflower steaks and plant-based eating so you don’t want to miss out on this cauliflower steak recipe with balsamic vinegar.
Just slice the cauliflower into thick “steaks”, season and cook! It’s a fun, different and fabulously delicious way to eat the nutritious and oh-so delicious cauliflower and be trending at the same time.
Balsamic cauliflower steaks are perfect as your main meal, especially on a Meatless Monday and anytime you’re eating vegan. Serve as your vegetable side dish too, the choice is yours! Either way I guarantee your cauliflower steaks will be a family favorite in no time!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What are the health benefits of cauliflower?
Cauliflower has many health benefits. Cauliflower is a source of:
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
- low carbohydrates
- low fat
- nutrient support for the body’s detox system
- support for the antioxidant system
- support for the anti-inflammatory system
What does cauliflower taste like?
Cauliflower has a mild, sweet, milky and nutty-flavor. Because it’s flavor is so mild, this vegetable easily takes on other flavors when you season it.
How do I select a cauliflower?
When selecting a head of cauliflower look for clean creamy white colored heads that feel heavy for their size and are surrounded by fresh looking ribbed green leaves.
How to cut cauliflower steaks?
Using a chef’s knife, follow these steps to cut a head of cauliflower into cauliflower steaks:
- Trim off the green leaves and save for another use, such as sautéing for a leafy greens side dish
- Slightly trim the bottom of the cauliflower stem, about ½-inch, being sure to keep the core intact
- Cut through the middle of the cauliflower head beginning with the florettes and cutting down through the stem so you have two halves
- Cut four 1-inch thick slices, two slices from each half
- Save any excess florets and make cauliflower rice, cauliflower mac and cheese or cauliflower risotto!
Can you eat the leaves of the cauliflower?
The outer green leaves of a head of cauliflower are definitely edible. And they are delicious too! Just cook them as you would cook any other dark leafy greens, such as kale, escarole and spinach!
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- crushed rosemary
- red onion
- Balsamic vinegar
Easy Cauliflower Recipes
If you love cauliflower, then you’ll love our easy cauliflower recipes that transform this vegetable into new deliciousness!
General Tso’s Cauliflower will replace your Chinese take out! A silky sauce seasoned with fresh ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes, for just a touch of heat, surrounds tender cauliflower for the perfect meatless meal.
Surrounded by a creamy cheddar sauce, every spoonful of cauliflower in Cauliflower Mac ‘N Cheese is bursting with cheesy goodness! Trust me, you won’t miss the pasta! Serve as a side dish or a main dish, the choice is yours. Mac ‘N Cheese will never be the same again.
Our fresh veggie salad is a taste of summer in a bowl! Cucumber Tomato Cauliflower Rice Salad is a low carb side dish recipe that’s bursting with fresh citrus flavor. Farm stand vegetables combine with a tangy lime dressing for this easy vegetable side dish.
With just a few ingredients you can have a creamy cheesy Three Cheese Cauliflower Risotto, studded with bits of sun dried tomatoes, on your table without being a slave to stirring. Parmesan, Cheddar and Asiago cheeses team up to create a flavorful silky three cheese sauce. It’s time to make Three Cheese Cauliflower Risotto, the healthier, easier to make, less time consuming risotto!
Oven Roasted Cauliflower Tacos is a vegetarian recipe for Taco Tuesday that’s easy to make, flavorful and nutritious. Oven roasted cauliflower combines with sauteed mushrooms creating a flavorful vegetarian taco filling! And if you're doing Whole30, by simply substituting lettuce leaves for the tortillas you will have yourself a new Whole30 recipe!
Jalapeno Lime Cauliflower Rice is a healthy cauliflower rice recipe bursting with the flavors of spicy jalapeno balanced with the freshness of chopped cilantro and lime juice! An easy recipe for a side dish at your barbecue this weekend!
Taco Pizza With Cauliflower Crust puts a delicious twist on Taco Tuesday! Our pizza has all the fillings of a taco on a healthy plant-based cauliflower pizza crust. This homemade taco pizza is a fun dinner that will quickly become a family favorite.
Buttered Ranch Cauliflower is an easy vegetable recipe that’s baked in a tangy ranch buttery coating. Top it with a crunchy panko topping and this vegetable casserole will hands-down be your new go-to side dish recipe!
Rosemary Balsamic Cauliflower Steaks
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 (1-inch thick) cauliflower slices , from 1 large head
- 4 Tbs. olive oil , divided
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt , divided
- 1/4 tsp. crushed rosemary
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbs. chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 tsp. Balsamic vinegar
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Brush both sides of cauliflower slices with 3 Tbs. olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. kosher salt and crushed rosemary.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and cook cauliflower, in batches, until lightly browned, turning once, about 4 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to baking sheet with low sides and cook in oven 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in same skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil and cook tomatoes, red onion, garlic and remaining 1/4 tsp. kosher salt until just tender, 2 minutes. Stir in balsamic vinegar and cook until heated through, 1 minute.
- Arrange cauliflower “steaks” on serving dish and top with tomato mixture.
I love cauliflower steaks and been looking for an easy recipe that has lots of flavor and I think I found it. Simple ingredients I already had at home, I only added much more of the balsamic vinaigrette.
Hi Gracie, I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed my recipe! And you can never have too much balsamic vinaigrette! Yum!