With just a few ingredients you can have a creamy cheesy Three Cheese Cauliflower Risotto, studded with bits of sundried tomatoes, on your table without being a slave to stirring.
Cauliflower Rice Risotto
Do you only have risotto at a restaurant because you love risotto but you don’t love standing by the stove and stirring constantly until it’s done?
Now risotto has become easier to make and has even been given a healthy facelift! And it’s all due to cauliflower, the go-to vegetable that transforms recipes into healthier, and oh so delicious, options.
Let’s ditch the high starch classic Arborio rice for cauliflower rice, shall we?
Cauliflower rice is readily available now in your produce and freezer sections of your grocery store. It’s also so easy to make with a box grater or food processor or you could even finely chop it with a knife! Easy peasy any way you choose.
With just a few ingredients you can have a creamy cauliflower risotto, studded with bits of sundried tomatoes, on your table without being a slave to stirring.
Parmesan, Cheddar and Asiago cheeses team up to create a flavorful silky three cheese sauce.
Our risotto recipe takes the time-consuming stirring out of risotto, cauliflower rice makes it healthier and three cheeses make a silky sauce.
I’d say it’s time to make Three Cheese Cauliflower Risotto, the healthier, easier to make, less time consuming risotto! Agree?
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Use frozen cauliflower rice, just be sure to defrost it first
- Stir in chopped fresh tomatoes
- Use onion in place of the shallots
- Serve as a main dish; 4 servings,1 cup per serving
- Serve as a side dish; 8 servings, 1/2 cup per serving
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- cracked black pepper
- cauliflower rice
- canned 2% evaporated milk
- sundried tomatoes
- grated Parmesan
- shredded sharp cheddar
- shredded Asiago
- fresh basil, optional
Love all things cauliflower? Be sure to try these delicious Swirls cauliflower recipes too:
- Jalapeno Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Buttered Ranch Cauliflower
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
- General Tso's Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Three Cheese Cauliflower Risotto
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. cracked black pepper
- 4 cups cauliflower rice, 16 ounces
- 1 (12 ounces) can 2% evaporated milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- ½ cup shredded Asiago
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh basil, optional
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Melt butter in saucepot over medium-high heat. Cook shallots, kosher salt and pepper until just tender.
- Add cauliflower rice and ¼ cup water. Cover and cook 10 minutes until cauliflower rice is softened.
- Add evaporated milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in cheeses until a sauce forms. Stir in sundried tomatoes and cook until heated through.
- Stir in fresh basil, if desired.
Main Dish: Makes 4 servings (1 cup per serving).
Side Dish: Makes 8 side dish servings (1/2 cup per serving)
Thanks for stopping by. Leave a tip or comment...