Baked Zucchini Fries
Move over deep fried French fries. Baked Zucchini fries are here! Who doesn’t love fries? I sure do but I don’t like the guilt that goes along with them. So it’s time to update those fries for a more delicious, nutritious and healthier option. Coated in a crunchy Parmesan panko breading, Baked Zucchini Fries are so versatile they can be a side dish, an appetizer or a nutritious snack! And trust me, you won’t be able to eat just one, especially when served together with a Creamy Fresh Herb & Avocado Dip, Ranch Dip or even Pesto! And there’s no deep frying because these fries bake up crispy right in your oven. Seasoned panko breadcrumbs combine with parmesan cheese for a delicious crunch you won’t be able to resist! Kids will loves these fries and so will the adults. Vegetables never tasted so good!
Love zucchini or have a bumper crop in your garden? Be sure to try Cheesy Stuffed Zucchini , Double Tomato & Zucchini Chicken Stir-Fry , Zucchini Tomato Medley & Orange Mint Vinaigrette and Zucchini Pasta Pomodoro too!
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. zucchini, trimmed and cut in sticks
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a large baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Combine buttermilk, garlic powder, kosher salt and pepper in shallow bowl.
- Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan in another shallow bowl.
- Dip zucchini sticks in buttermilk, then in breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Arrange zucchini in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until crispy and golden.