Baked Zucchini Fries, a healthy alternative to french fries, bake in the oven with a crispy Parmesan panko coating that both kids and adults will love! Seasoned panko breadcrumbs combine with Parmesan cheese for a delicious crunch you won’t be able to resist! Bet you can’t eat just one!
Baked Zucchini Fries
Move over deep fried French fries. Baked Zucchini Fries are here! Who doesn’t love fries? I sure do but I don’t like the guilt that goes along with them.
So, it’s time to update those fries for a more delicious, nutritious and healthier option. Time for the grand entrance of our baked zucchini recipe!
Coated in a crunchy Parmesan panko breading, these baked French fries are so versatile they can be a side dish, an appetizer or a nutritious snack! And trust me, you won’t be able to eat just one, especially when served together with a Creamy Fresh Herb & Avocado Dip, Ranch Dip or even Pesto for dipping!
No deep frying has been involved in the creation of this recipe! These fries bake up crispy right in your oven. Seasoned panko breadcrumbs combine with Parmesan cheese for a delicious crunch making our zucchini fries hard to resist!
Kids will love these fries and so will the adults. Vegetables never tasted so good! And zucchini fries with panko are the best fries and will quickly become an all-time favorite snack!
How to make baked zucchini fries
- Preheat your oven to 425F and coat a large baking sheet with olive oil or coat with a no-stick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk, garlic powder, kosher salt and pepper.
- In another shallow bowl combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
- Dip zucchini pieces in buttermilk and then dip them in breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- In a single layer, arrange zucchini on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until crispy and golden, about 25-30 minutes.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- No buttermilk? Make your own by combining 1 cup milk and 1 Tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice. Let stand until mixture thickens
- Add chili powder for a hint of heat
- Make them Italian and add dried basil and/or oregano
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
Love zucchini or have a bumper crop in your garden? Be sure to give these zucchini recipes a try!
Zucchini Noodles & Broccoli With Peanut Sauce combine zucchini noodles with broccoli, cherry tomatoes, scallions and peanuts tossed in a silky peanut sauce for a fabulous vegetarian entrée.
Cheesy Stuffed Zucchini are filled with peppers, onions, cheese and breadcrumbs, making them ideal for your Meatless Monday meal.
Parmesan Basil Fried Squash Blossoms are filled with a ricotta and Parmesan cheese mixture. Add a fresh herb, coat in a light batter and fry to crispy perfection, and I bet you can’t eat just one! Our sauteed squash blossoms is an easy summer appetizer recipe that’s perfect for entertaining!
Zucchini Tomato Medley & Orange Mint Vinaigrette is a summer vegetable salad that’s filled with he colors of the rainbow! Summer vegetables are grilled then tossed in a citrus and fresh mint vinaigrette for a burst of fresh flavors!
Fresh vegetables are tossed together with farro in a lime scented dressing making Zucchini & Corn Farro Salad both refreshing and nutritious.
Zucchini Pasta Pomodoro is bursting with the summertime flavors of zucchini noodles, tomatoes and fresh basil.
Filled with protein-perfect eggs, packed with fresh zucchini, cheesy mozzarella and fresh basil, Plum Tomato Zucchini Frittata is hearty enough to have for dinner.
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Baked Zucchini Fries, a healthy alternative to french fries, bake in the oven with a crispy Parmesan panko coating that both kids and adults will love! Bet you can't eat just one!
Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a large baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
Combine buttermilk, garlic powder, kosher salt and pepper in shallow bowl.
Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan in another shallow bowl.
Dip zucchini sticks in buttermilk, then in breadcrumb mixture to coat.
Arrange zucchini in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until crispy and golden.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Make your own buttermilk. Just combine 1 cup milk and 1 Tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice. Let stand until mixture thickens
- For a hint of heat add chili powder
- Add dried basil and/or oregano for Italian flavor
First Published: January 5, 2018… Last Updated: January 14, 2021