Zucchini Noodles or Zoodles, as they are affectionately called, are not just trendy, delicious and nutritious but they are grain-free, gluten-free and low-carb too! What more could you ask for? Well, how about a silky peanut sauce to toss them in with broccoli and cherry tomatoes? And a bit of scallions and peanuts for crunch? Ok, now we’re talking!
And it’s so easy to make your own zoodles with a spiralizer! My favorite is the hand held spiralizer but you can go all out and get an elite spiralizer with 5 blades and suction cups that keep it firmly secured to your countertop. A basic julienne peeler will also get the job done. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that zucchini is rich in antioxidants, fiber, potassium, vitamins A and C, iron, manganese, phosphorus and zinc, is low in calories, and contains no cholesterol or saturated fats! Who knew? Zucchini Noodles & Broccoli With Peanut Sauce are perfect for your Meatless Monday dinner or to round out a meal as a fabulous side dish!
If you love zucchini noodles then it’s time to give these zucchini recipes a try too! Fresh vegetables are tossed together with farro in a lime scented dressing making Zucchini & Corn Farro Salad both refreshing and nutritious. Filled with protein-perfect eggs, packed with fresh zucchini, cheesy mozzarella and fresh basil, Plum Tomato Zucchini Frittata is hearty enough to have for dinner. Cheesy Stuffed Zucchini are filled with peppers, onions, cheese and breadcrumbs, making them ideal for your Meatless Monday meal. Want to try another zucchini noodle recipe? Zucchini Pasta Pomodoro is bursting with the summertime flavors of zucchini noodles, tomatoes and fresh basil.
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 Tbs. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 lb. zucchini
- 2 cups broccoli florettes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 scallion, sliced on diagonal
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- Peanut Sauce: Combine peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and kosher salt and whisk until blended.
- Zucchini Noodles: Spiralize or julienne zucchini to make zucchini noodles. Place noodles in serving bowl.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook broccoli 3 minutes until tender-crisp. Drain in colander then rinse under cold water.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, scallion and cooled broccoli to zucchini noodles. Toss with peanut sauce until evenly coated.
- Top with peanuts and cilantro.