If your garden is anything like mine it’s beginning to overflow with a multitude of fresh herbs and vegetables….what an amazing time of year! The colors are like a rainbow and the aroma of fresh flavors is filling the air!
Don’t have a garden of your own? Just head over to your local farmer’s market, take in nature’s array of bright colors and intoxicating fragrances, scoop up some zucchini, yellow squash, colorful tomatoes and a bunch of fresh mint and head home to your kitchen! There’s going to be swirls of flavor with every bite of this summer vegetable medley!
Have you checked out my Ultimate Guide To Making Homemade Salad Dressings? Making a Homemade Salad Dressing is so easy and takes just minutes. Made with simple real food ingredients, your salad dressing from scratch is not just better than store bought, it’s better for you and oh so delicious too!
Zucchini Tomato Medley & Orange Mint Vinaigrette
1 1/2 lbs. zucchini and/or yellow squash, trimmed, sliced lengthwise
3 Tbs. olive oil, divided
1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
1 Tbs. orange juice, preferably fresh squeezed
1 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
1 tsp. orange zest
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 cups yellow and/or orange grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1/4 cup minced red onion
1. Preheat grill for direct-heat grilling.
2. Brush both sides of zucchini and/or yellow squash with 2 Tbs. olive oil.
3. Grill until tender, turning once. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Arrange on serving dish.
4. In small bowl combine remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil, red wine vinegar, orange juice, mint, orange zest, sugar, kosher salt and pepper until blended.
5. Stir in tomatoes and red onion, tossing until evenly coated.
6. Arrange tomato mixture over zucchini and yellow squash.
Makes 6 servings.