There’s a new super grain in town that’s quickly gaining in popularity and appearing in recipes and on menus everywhere. Farro, the ancient Italian grain, has a nutty flavor and a bit of a bite to it. It’s health benefits are numerous and include being high in fiber, an excellent source of protein and providing nutrients such as magnesium and iron and it’s high in B vitamins too! Farro boosts your immune system and is heart healthy. Fresh vegetables are tossed together with farro in a lime scented dressing making Zucchini & Corn Farro Salad both refreshing and nutritious.
If you love zucchini noodles then it’s time to give these zucchini recipes a try too! Filled with protein-perfect eggs, packed with fresh zucchini, cheesy mozzarella and fresh basil, Plum Tomato Zucchini Frittata is hearty enough to have for dinner. Cheesy Stuffed Zucchini are filled with peppers, onions, cheese and breadcrumbs, making them ideal for your Meatless Monday meal. Want to try another zucchini noodle recipe? Zucchini Pasta Pomodoro is bursting with the summertime flavors of zucchini noodles, tomatoes and fresh basil. Zucchini Noodles & Broccoli With Peanut Sauce combine zucchini noodles with broccoli, cherry tomatoes, scallions and peanuts tossed in a silky peanut sauce for a fabulous vegetarian entrée.
Fresh vegetables are tossed together with farro in a lime scented dressing making Zucchini & Corn Farro Salad both refreshing and nutritious.
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup farro, cooked according to package directions, drained and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini, about an 8 ounce zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels, about 2 corn on the cob
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes, about 4 large radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 Tbs. chopped parsley
- In serving dish combine olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, lime zest, kosher salt and pepper until blended.
- Stir in cooled farro, zucchini, corn, radishes, red onion and parsley and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Makes 6 cups.