Farro combines with black beans, corn and avocado for bursts of textures and color in an easy side dish recipe, Chili Lime Black Bean Farro Salad. A chili lime vinaigrette flavors this farro salad with zesty lime and the slightest hint of chili powder heat.
Black Bean Salad Recipe
Combined with the creamy goodness of an avocado and the nutritious protein of black beans, Chili Lime Black Bean Avocado Farro Salad will be the perfect addition to your alfresco table. The combined textures of farro and black beans along with crispy corn make this salad delightful. A chili lime vinaigrette flavors this farro salad with zesty lime and the slightest hint of chili powder heat.
Our farro corn salad will surely be the new favorite side dish this summer! Move over quinoa, there’s a new kid on the block!
What is farro?
- an ancient grain that has been around for thousands of years
- now a trendy wheat grain
- packed with nutrition
- a great alternative to quinoa
What does farro taste like?
Farro has a mild nutty taste makes it perfect for salads. This delicious grain also has a chewy texture.
Is farro healthy for you?
Yes, farro is a healthy grain. Farro is an excellent source of:
- B vitamins
Have you checked out my Ultimate Guide To Making Homemade Salad Dressings? Making a Homemade Salad Dressing is so easy and takes just minutes. Made with simple real food ingredients, your salad dressing from scratch is not just better than store bought, it’s better for you and oh so delicious too!
This recipe is featured on the Honest Cooking website.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- chili powder
- kosher salt
- black beans
- corn on the cob or canned corn
- red onion
Easy Side Dish Recipes
Make our Pesto Pasta Salad and toss pasta with pesto, tomatoes, bocconcini and Parmesan, just 5 ingredients, for a bowl full of fresh summertime flavors!
Pesto Tomato Salad is an easy 4 ingredient recipe that will be the star on your table. Garden fresh tomatoes and red onion are tossed in a homemade pesto transforming juicy tomatoes into a recipe that’s bursting with fresh flavor and summertime goodness.
Jalapeno Lime Summer Fruit Salad , an easy fruit salad recipe that’s bursting with sweet juicy berries and watermelon, fresh mint, zesty lime and a hint of jalapeno heat, is a refreshing addition to your summer menu!
Panzanella, the classic Tuscan bread salad, is bursting with heirloom tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella and fresh basil, the flavors and colors of summer! Our Panzanella is an easy recipe for a mouthwatering bread salad that’s a perfect side dish on a warm summer evening.
Chili Lime Black Bean Farro Salad
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup farro , cooked according to package directions, drained and cooled*
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 corn on the cob , kernels only, 1 1/2 cups or 1 can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 avocado , pitted, peeled and chopped, 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- In serving bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, lime zest, chili powder, kosher salt and pepper until blended.
- Add cooked farro, corn, black beans, avocado, onion and cilantro, stirring until evenly coated. Serve at room temperature or chilled.