Caprese…..fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil…..the true flavors of summer! Combine them with quinoa, the oh-so popular super food, and you’ll have your new favorite dish of the summer! Serve as a side dish or top with sliced cooked chicken or cooked shrimp for a complete meal. Either way, I guarantee you’ll be making Quinoa Caprese all summer long!
Fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil…..the true flavors of summer! Quinoa Caprese is combines quinoa, the oh-so popular super food, and the flavors known as "Caprese" for your new favorite dish of the summer!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- In medium saucepot bring 2 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until water has been absorbed, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using a fork, fluff up quinoa. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in serving dish combine olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, kosher salt and pepper until blended.
- Stir in quinoa, mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, gently tossing until evenly coated. Serve at room temperature or chilled.