It’s inevitable. Every week Meatless Monday will arrive. I highly recommend that you participate in Meatless Monday, the national campaign to raise awareness of the nutritional benefits of eating a meatless diet at least one day a week. Why should I do this, you ask? I’d be happy to give you a few reasons! Going meatless one day a week will:
- Help lower your cholesterol and saturated fat intake
- Increase your fiber consumption
- Increase your vitamin consumption
- Reduce your impact on the environment by using fewer resources to grow our food
- Reduce your risk of chronic preventable diseases, such as cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Improve your chances of living a longer healthier life!
So why not give Meatless Monday a try today? Balsamic Portobellos Caprese, Mexicali Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette, One Pot Greek Lemon Dill Pasta and Rosemary Balsamic Steaks are all fabulously delicious Meatless Monday recipes!