Quinoa Salad With Feta is an easy recipe for a summer side dish. Our Greek quinoa salad is bursting with artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, fresh dill and feta cheese.
Quinoa Feta Salad
Quinoa became popular several years ago, and even with lots of other grains popping up, quinoa is still a go-to for many a side dish recipe. Our quinoa salad with feta is no exception.
The delicate texture of the quinoa is an ideal compliment for the briny olives and artichoke hearts. Fresh dill and creamy feta cheese combine with the tangy red wine vinegar and mild red onion to elevate this quinoa feta salad to a new level of deliciousness.
A great addition to any meal on a warm summer day, every spoonful of our feta quinoa salad will transport you to the sunny Mediterranean. And, after all, who wouldn’t want to be there, or at least dream of being there?
What are the health benefits of quinoa?
Quinoa has lots of good reasons to still be a crowd favorite. Just to name a few, quinoa is:
- gluten free
- high in fiber
- high in iron
- high in potassium
- nutrient dense
- low calorie
- high in magnesium
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- is a complete protein
- boosts your metabolism
- purifies your blood
- has a low sugar content making it low on the glycemic index
With all that going for it, I’d say that quinoa is not just a passing fad. Quinoa is here to stay folks!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- kosher salt
- marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- grape tomatoes
- pitted kalamata olives
- feta cheese
- red onion
- fresh dill
Strawberry Pistachio Quinoa lightly coated in a lemon oregano vinaigrette is a great way to use those fragrant strawberries of summer.
Lemon Basil Avocado Quinoa with a light citrus dressing, fresh basil and the super food avocado, is a light yet satisfying nutritious addition any summer meal.
Quinoa Caprese combines the true flavors of summer, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, with super food quinoa for your new favorite dish of the summer!
And don't forget to add quinoa to your breakfast! Grab N Go Quinoa Egg Muffins are an ideal way to start your day packed with protein!
Tomatoes, red onion, fresh basil, olive oil and white balsamic vinegar combine to make a flavorful bruschetta topping for quinoa. Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta Quinoa is an easy side dish recipe that's bursting with the fresh flavors of summer in every bite!
Filled with lentils and quinoa, carrots and kale, Quinoa Lentil Broth Bowl is a healthy lunch or dinner and will be a perfect Meatless Monday dinner when you make it with vegetable broth and top it with an egg instead of chicken!
Quinoa Salad With Feta & Dill
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 jar (7.5 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- In medium saucepot bring 2 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until water has been absorbed, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using a fork, fluff up quinoa. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in serving dish combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, kosher salt and pepper until blended.
- Stir in quinoa, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, olives, feta, red onion and dill and gently toss until evenly coated. Serve at room temperature or chilled.