Black Bean Burgers With Cilantro Lime Sauce is an easy vegetarian burger recipe. Our homemade black bean burgers are perfectly seasoned with chili powder and cumin and served with a creamy aioli sauce bursting with the fresh flavors of cilantro and lime.
Easy Black Bean Burgers
In the mood for a burger but it's Meatless Monday? Or are you living a plant-based life these days? Don't worry, I've got you covered! Our black bean patties will satisfy any burger cravings you have!
First Published: February 29, 2016... Last Updated: April 16, 2020
An easy to make mixture of black beans, breadcrumbs and an egg combine with chili powder and cumin for a burger that's bursting with flavor. While your black bean hamburgers cook in the skillet you can quickly put together a homemade sauce with a Mexican flair. Our mayonnaise-based sauce, also called an aioli, is bursting with the fresh flavors of cilantro and lime. with a hint of chili powder heat.
With just a few kitchen ingredients, our bean burger will be on your dinner table tonight. Plant-based eating and Meatless Monday never tasted so good!
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- canned black beans
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- hamburger buns, pita bread or English muffins
- lettuce leaves
What can I serve with black bean burgers?
Zucchini Fries bake in the oven with a crispy parmesan panko coating that both kids and adults will love! A healthy alternative to french fries, Baked Zucchini Fries are an easy appetizer recipe or weeknight side dish recipe. Bet you can't eat just one!
Jalapeno Lime Summer Fruit Salad , an easy fruit salad recipe that’s bursting with sweet juicy berries and watermelon, fresh mint, zesty lime and a hint of jalapeno heat, is a refreshing addition to your summer menu!
Oven Roasted Turmeric Sweet Potato Fries combine two super foods and roast in the oven so you won't feel guilty eating these fabulously delicious fries!
Black Bean Corn Farro Salad will be the perfect addition to your alfresco table this summer! A chili lime vinaigrette with zesty lime and the slightest hint of chili powder heat flavors this farro salad with fresh corn and black beans.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Black Bean Burgers With Cilantro Lime Sauce
BLACK BEAN BURGERS
CILANTRO LIME SAUCE
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic , minced
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 4 Hamburger buns , pita bread or English muffins
- 4 Lettuce leaves
- 4 Tomato slices
BLACK BEAN BURGERS:
- Process half of the black beans, 2 tsp. chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and kosher salt in food processor until blended.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and stir in egg, remaining black beans and panko breadcrumbs. Shape into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burgers until heated through, 7-8 minutes, turning once.
CILANTRO LIME SAUCE
- In small bowl combine mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and ¼ tsp. chili powder.
- Serve burgers with Cilantro Lime Aioli, on buns, pita bread or English muffins with lettuce and tomato, if desired.