Ancho Skillet Salmon With Citrus Salsa is an easy recipe for salmon fillets seasoned with spices and topped with a fresh grapefruit salsa flavored with jalapeno, lime and cilantro. A refreshing seafood dinner that’s sure to please your taste buds.
There’s a sweet juicy mouthwatering grapefruit in the produce department these days and it’s going by the name of Sweet Scarlett Texas Red Grapefruit. And they are just the sweetest. I can attest to that because I can’t stop eating these sweet juicy red fruits.
These sweet grapefruits provide:
- 100% of your daily value of Vitamin C
- only 60 calories in just half of a Texas Red
I combined these juicy grapefruits with jalapeno, lime and cilantro for a delightfully fresh salsa.
Feel free to use any grapefruit when grapefruit season is upon us.
Other citrus fruits will make a tangy salsa too so feel free to use orange, tangerine, clementine or your favorite citrus fruit!
Then I seasoned wild salmon with a few spices and sautéed on the stove top until flaky. Topped with that fresh sweet grapefruit salsa bursting with the flavors of jalapeno cilantro and lime adds flavor to every forkful!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Not grapefruit season? Substitute orange, tangerine or clementine!
- No smoked paprika? Just use paprika
- Make with sweet onion, such as Vidalia
- Grill your salmon for that barbecue flavor
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- red onion
- lime juice
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- smoked paprika or paprika
- ancho chile powder or chili powder
- garlic powder
- salmon fillets
Easy Seafood Recipes
Smothered Tilapia Provençale is an easy recipe for a quick dinner. Just combine the flavors of Provence, artichokes, olives, capers, tomatoes, and garlic with white wine and olive oil and pour over tilapia and bake! Dinner is ready in just minutes! Also delicious with shrimp or salmon.
If you’re in the mood for seafood I highly recommend Chipotle Honey Glazed Salmon With Pistachio Butter, salmon fillets seasoned with just the right amount of spice and glazed over with honey and a touch of orange, hot off the grill, topped with pistachio butter that melts down over the fillets.
Mojito Shrimp is a twist on the classic Mojito rum cocktail. An easy marinade of mint, rum and lime flavors the shrimp in just a few minutes. Grill or broil and you’ll have a fabulously delicious Cuban cocktail-inspired seafood dinner!
If shellfish is what you're craving then be sure to add Garlic and Herb Shrimp to the menu! This easy shrimp recipe makes it's own light buttery sauce flavored with garlic and white wine and studded with oven roasted tomatoes, as it bakes in the oven.
Lemon Dijon Cod Saute is a panfried cod recipe with a creamy lemon Dijon sauce that’s studded with olives and shallots. Topped with sweet and tangy caramelized lemon slices, this fish in mustard sauce will quickly become a family favorite recipe!
Skillet Salmon With Citrus Salsa
- In bowl combine grapefruit, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, 1 tsp. olive oil and kosher salt; set aside.
- In small bowl combine smoked paprika, ancho chile powder, garlic powder and kosher salt.
- Season tops of salmon with spice mixture.
- In large non-stick skillet heat 1 Tbs. oil over medium-high heat. Cook salmon, seasoned side down, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until opaque and cooked to desired doneness.
- Serve salmon with grapefruit salsa.
First Published: March 4, 2016... Last Updated: August 28, 2020