Homemade Sweet Potato Fries With Turmeric is a side dish recipe that combine two super foods, turmeric and sweet potato. Sweet Potato Fries are tossed with ginger, turmeric and paprika for a delicious flavor combination!
Homemade Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Once you try our oven roasted sweet potato fries I guarantee you will never go back to greasy carb-filled white potato fries again!
Combine two super foods, turmeric and sweet potato, flavor with ginger, turmeric and paprika, and you have a delicious combination!
Even better, our turmeric fries roast in the oven so you won't feel guilty eating these tasty sweet potato fries!
When baked sweet potato wedges cook in the oven, it’s time for a snack!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Are you doing Whole30? You can make our oven baked sweet potato fries Whole30 by simply substituting arrowroot flour for the cornstarch!
How do you make homemade sweet potato fries from scratch?
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and top with a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine sweet potatoes and cornstarch and toss until evenly coated.
- In another bowl, combine olive oil, turmeric, ginger, paprika and kosher salt and toss olive oil mixture with sweet potatoes coating evenly.
- On the wire rack on baking sheet arrange the sweet potato fries in a single layer.
- Roast the potatoes 30 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Top with scallions.
Sweet Potato FAQ's
How to cut sweet potato fries
Peel the sweet potato and then cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick pieces. Cut each piece lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick sticks.
What are the health benefits of turmeric?
Turmeric, the spice that gives curry it's beautiful color, has been used in India as a medicinal herb and spice for thousands of years. Bursting with medicinal qualities, this spice has become a trending ingredient in recipes recently. The health benefits of turmeric include:
- proven anti-inflammatory
- lowers risk of heart disease
- contains antioxidant properties
- can help treat symptoms of arthritis
- may help prevent cancer and might possibly become a treatment for cancer in the future
- alleviates symptoms of depression
- acts as an anti-aging supplement
- helps with age-related chronic diseases
Are sweet potatoes healthy?
And then there's my friend, the reliable, delicious, nutritious sweet potato, and all of it's benefits, which include:
- provides Vitamin B6
- contains Vitamin C
- helps build healthy bones by providing Vitamin D
- source of Iron that supports the immune system
- contains the anti-stress and relaxation mineral magnesium
- provides potassium which regulates nerve signals and your heartbeat
- does not cause spikes in blood sugar levels
Ok, now combine these two superfoods, turmeric and the sweet potato, throw in a couple more seasonings, roast them in the oven instead of deep frying, and man oh man will you ever love these homemade sweet potato fries! And best of all you don't have to feel guilty eating them!
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- olive oil
- ground ginger
- kosher salt
- sweet potatoes
If you're in search of ideas for potato recipes, then you'll definitely want to check out our Potato Recipe Round Up! Look no further than our Thanksgiving Potato Recipes Round Up that's bursting with thirty seven delicious white and sweet potato recipes that will compliment any holiday dinner. Choose from mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, creamy potatoes, crumb topped potatoes, instant pot potatoes, slow cooker potatoes and even French fries. Your holiday potato recipe is waiting for you!
Need more turmeric in your life? I'm thinking we all do and it's so easy when you make these recipes that are all made so beautiful with the addition of turmeric.
Indian Butter Chicken combines warm spices with the simple ingredients of onion, butter, tomato and garlic creating tender chicken in a creamy tomato sauce. An easy chicken dinner that makes an impressive meal for entertaining too!
Turmeric Cilantro Vinaigrette combines the flavors of the powerful and amazing turmeric along with cilantro and ginger making it a fabulous vinaigrette that's perfect on salads, chicken, fish, vegetables and pasta.
Start your day with a nutritious Turmeric Smoothie. Golden in color and bursting with fresh fruit flavors, this smoothie gets you started on the right foot. Turmeric and ginger combine to provide anti inflammatory and antioxidant benefits along with sweet and tangy mango with over twenty vitamins and minerals.
Love potatoes and want another Whole30 recipe? Spiced Sweet Potatoes are decadent and creamy with a hint of spice and turmeric. The perfect side dish for any meal!
Homemade Sweet Potato Fries With Turmeric
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with foil and top with a wire rack.
- Toss potatoes with cornstarch until evenly coated.
- Combine olive oil, turmeric, ginger, paprika and kosher salt. Toss olive oil mixture with sweet potatoes until evenly coated.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in single layer on wire rack on baking sheet.
- Roast 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with scallions.
- Make It Whole30! Make it Whole30 by substituting arrowroot flour for the cornstarch.
First Published: March 6, 2017... Last Updated: January 22, 2021