General Tso’s Cauliflower
I haven’t gotten over my obsession with cauliflower yet. So bear with me because here comes another cauli recipe! But you must admit, cauliflower makes an awesome healthy substitute in recipes, right? And today you must try this recipe for General Tso’s Cauliflower. You will thank me! I’m always ordering General Tso’s Chicken for takeout but now I’ll just be making it at home….with cauliflower! A silky sauce seasoned with fresh ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes for just a touch of heat surrounds tender cauliflower. Add brown rice and a salad and Meatless Monday just got fabulously delicious!
Have you tried these other cauliflower recipes yet? The kids will love Cauliflower Mac N Cheese. Oven Roasted Cauliflower Tacos are a great addition to your Taco Tuesday lineup! Spice it up a bit with Jalapeno Lime Cauliflower Rice and make Buttered Ranch Cauliflower the side dish at your next mealtime!
- 1 lb. cauliflower florettes
- 1/4 + 1/3 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 Tbs. Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs. minced ginger
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs. sliced scallion
- 2 Tbs. cilantro leaves
- Place cauliflower and 1/4 cup water in non-stick skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat until cauliflower is tender crisp, 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine remaining 1/3 cup water, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, Hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes in small bowl and stir until cornstarch is dissolved and mixture is blended.
- Uncover cauliflower and stir in sauce mixture. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, until sauce has thickened and cauliflower is tender.
- Top with cilantro leaves and scallion.
Serve with brown rice or rice noodles.