Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies is an easy recipe that combines two favorite desserts, brownies and cheesecake. A homemade red velvet brownie cake is topped with a creamy cheesecake batter and baked to perfection. Just in time for Valentine’s Day!
Red Velvet Brownies Recipe
When everyone loves red velvet cake and everyone loves cheesecake, it’s was a no-brainer that I needed to develop a recipe that combines both favorites.
I took things a step further and went with brownies as the red velvet cake layer so all you need is a bowl to make the batter. No mixer necessary.
A creamy cheesecake batter that is lightened with a touch of sour cream became the crowning glory for this Valentine’s Day dessert.
Every bite of our red velvet cheesecake recipe is bursting with red velvet brownie and cheesecake, a winning combination. Just ask your taste buds, they’ll agree for sure.
Red Velvet FAQ’s
What is red velvet cake?
Red velvet cake is a chocolate cake, typically made with cocoa powder, buttermilk and vinegar and is red in color from food coloring.
What is the traditional icing for a red velvet cake?
Traditionally, cream cheese icing is used when frosting a red velvet cake.
What is the origin of the red velvet cake?
The Adams Extract company claims to be the creator of the red velvet cake in the 1920’s. However, The Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City also claims that the red velvet cake got it’s origins on it’s menu and was very popular there in the 1950’s.
How to make red velvet cheesecake brownies
For the brownie layer:
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line a 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan with foil. Be sure to leave a 2-inch overhang of foil then spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Combine melted butter and 1 ½ cups sugar in another bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla and red gel food color stirring until blended.
- Gradually add in the reserved flour mixture, stirring until combined.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake 25 minutes.
For the cheesecake layer:
- Whisk the cream cheese and ½ cup sugar together until blended.
- Add in the sour cream, egg and vanilla.
- Carefully spread the cheesecake batter over the partially baked brownie layer.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes or until the cheesecake layer is set.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into 16 pieces and top with whipped topping and valentine sprinkles.
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Add peppermint extract to the brownie batter for a peppermint mocha flavor
- Make for the Christmas holidays and top with red and green sprinkles
- Stir in your favorite sprinkles for a festive touch
- Add mini chocolate chips to the batter
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- all purpose flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- red gel food color
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- whipped topping
- Valentine sprinkles
Baked in a donut pan, Red Velvet Donuts are so easy to make and take only minutes to bake! An intense red color , cake-like texture and fabulous chocolate flavor guarantee these Red Velvet Donuts will let those special people know just how much they are loved. Top them with a vanilla glaze and valentine sprinkles and love is in the air!
Our Red Velvet Mini Layer Cakes is an easy from scratch cake recipe for your Valentine’s Day dessert. Mini cake layers have a deep intense red color and are flavored with cocoa powder for a delicious chocolate flavor. Frost with a homemade buttercream frosting and decorate with Valentine sprinkles and you’ll have adorable mini layer cakes that are perfect for sharing on Valentine’s Day.
The ever popular red velvet cupcake has just become a cookie! Topped with a peppermint glaze and crushed candy canes, this easy cookie recipe bakes up into Peppermint Crunch Red Velvet Cookies!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies is an easy recipe that combines two favorite desserts, brownies and cheesecake. A homemade red velvet brownie cake is topped with a creamy cheesecake batter and baked to perfection.
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Valentine sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch x 9-inch baking pan with foil leaving a 2-inch overhang and spray with cooking spray.
Combine flour, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl and reserve.
In another bowl combine melted butter and 1 ½ cups sugar.
Stir in eggs, vanilla and red gel food color until blended.
Add reserved flour mixture and stir until combined.
Transfer to prepared pan and bake 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk cream cheese and ½ cup sugar until blended.
Stir in sour cream, egg and vanilla.
Evenly spread cheesecake batter over partially baked brownie layer and bake an additional 25 minutes or until cheesecake layer is set.
Using foil overhang, lift brownies out of pan and cut into 16 pieces.
Top with whipped topping and valentine sprinkles.
Makes 16 brownies