Our Mini Cheese Dogs With Everything Seasoning recipe will be a hit at your next get together. Stuffed with cheddar cheese, wrapped in crescent roll dough and rolled in everything seasoning, we’ve taken the traditional pigs in blanket appetizer recipe to a new level. Bet you can’t eat just one cheese hot dog!
Cheese Dogs Recipe
Everyone is familiar with the pigs in blanket recipe that has been around since forever.
Made with refrigerated crescent roll dough that is wrapped around mini hot dogs, also known as cocktail franks, and then baked, pigs in blanket have been a much loved appetizer recipe.
Our pigs in blanket have a new name, Cheese Dogs With Everything Seasoning!
So let’s take that tried and true recipe and elevate it to a whole new level, shall we? An easy appetizer that will definitely impress!
Let’s add cheese and let’s roll the dough in the new and trendy “everything but the bagel” seasoning. Voila!
Ok, now we’ve got cheddar cheese that melts into our little dogs and lots of flavored seasoning that bakes into our crescent dough.
I’d say we have ourselves a winner appetizer recipe that’s a twist on an old beloved classic!
Our bite-size cheddar dogs will be the hit of any gathering.
Are you a hot dog lover? Then you must make our spaghetti hot dogs recipe. Kids will have so much fun eating this hot dog pasta recipe!
Be sure to visit the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for GG's kitchen recommendations!
Pigs in a Blanket FAQ’s
Who invented pigs in a blanket?
The first written recipe for pigs in blanket was in the 1957 publication of the Betty Crocker’s Cookbook for Kids.
When did pigs in a blanket become popular?
Pigs in a blanket, or meat wrapped in dough, became popular in the 1950’s.
Is there a National Pigs In A Blanket Day?
Why yes, there actually is a National Pigs In A Blanket Day and it is celebrated on April 24th. I guess there’s a day for everything!
How to make pigs in blankets
Our recipe, Cheese Dogs, a twist on the traditional pigs in blanket, is very easy to make.
Scroll down for the full recipe instructions and ingredient amounts in the recipe card below
- First, cut cheddar cheese into thin strips
- Next, slice hot dogs lengthwise down the middle, but not completely through, and place cheese in opening
- Cut each crescent roll dough triangle into thirds
- Then, wrap the hot dog in a piece of dough
- Roll dough in everything seasoning
- Arrange hot dogs on baking sheet and bake to golden perfection at 375F for 10-12 minutes!
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Serve with hot dog relish
- Spice up your ketchup and stir a bit of hot sauce into it
Recipes with Hot Dogs
- Use full size hot dogs and cut them to about 2 inches in length
- Make with turkey hot dogs
- Use your favorite cheese
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients for pigs in a blanket with cheese
- cheddar cheese
- mini hot dogs
- refrigerated crescent roll dough
- everything but the bagel sesame seasoning blend
- ketchup, serving suggestion
- mustard, serving suggestion
Easy Appetizer Recipes
Whipped Ricotta Dip is an easy appetizer recipe for a creamy dip flavored with fresh rosemary and lemon that can be made in just minutes. Simply cream ricotta cheese in a food processor with a few basic flavorings then drizzle with olive oil for a ricotta appetizer worthy of guests and holidays!
Buffalo wings just got more delicious! Sriracha sauce, honey and butter combine to make our Sriracha Honey Chicken Wings the most fabulous hot wings for your next get together.
Why not serve your favorite comfort food, macaroni and cheese, as mini bites? Our Mac and Cheese Bites recipe begins with a box of macaroni and cheese with creamy cheddar sauce. By adding just a few more ingredients and baking in mini muffin cups you’ll have a cheesy bite size appetizer that will be the hit of any get together, and oh so easy to make!
A perfect New Year's Eve appetizer! Meat Lovers’ Pizza Bread is brimming with seasoned saucy ground beef, spicy pepperoni and three cheeses. A hearty appetizer, our Pizza Bread is a crowd-pleasing easy recipe to make. A perfect pizza recipe for game day, entertaining and the holidays!
Sweet and sour meatballs with cranberry sauce is an easy recipe that cooks itself in your slow cooker. Store bought frozen meatballs simmer in your crockpot with just 4 more ingredients for amazingly saucy Cranberry Sweet and Sour Meatballs! A perfect appetizer for the holidays, game day get togethers and movie night too!
With just three ingredients, our Vegetable Ranch Dip will be the hit of your next party. A cold vegetable dip with sour cream and the popular flavor of ranch takes just minutes to make. Add your favorite dippers and you're all set!
Mini Cheese Dogs
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Cut cheddar cheese into 24 thin strips, each about 1 ¾-inches long by ¼-inch thick.
- Slice each hot dog lengthwise down the middle, but not completely through.
- Place one piece of cheese in middle of each hot dog.
- Cut each crescent roll dough triangle into thirds, making three smaller and thinner triangles.
- Wrap one piece of dough around center of each hot dog and roll in everything seasoning.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until dough is golden.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard, if desired.