Buffalo wings just got better! Sriracha sauce, honey and butter combine to make the most fabulously delicious hot wings! I am so thankful that there is no truth to the siracha sauce shortage that was reported a few months ago….phew! So I went ahead and made hot wings for my Super Bowl party using siracha sauce and am I ever happy I did! There’s nothing quite like the heat of this trendy sauce made from sun ripened chilies that are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic, distilled vinegar, sugar and salt. Siracha sauce makes these the best hot wings ever! Recently my daughter-in-law Sydney asked me if I liked watching football. My response? If snacks are involved! On the other hand, my cousin, former New York Giants Placekicker, Matt Simonton, is obsessed with the game, having also played for the St. Louis Rams, Washington Redskins and New Orleans Saints. But he also has a soft spot for Swirls of Flavor’s snacks. Here’s Matt’s thoughts on the 2014 Super Bowl. “Many have been critical of this year’s Super Bowl being played in the frigid Meadowlands. Some of the greatest games in the history of the sport have been played in the cold and snow. So make yourself some of Gwynn’s hottest dishes and enjoy this historic game!”
Sriracha Honey Chicken Wings
3 lbs. wing sections with tips already discarded
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
8 Tbs. butter, melted, divided
3 Tbs. honey
4 tsp. sriracha sauce, divided
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line large baking sheet with short sides with foil.
2. Arrange wings sections in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder and kosher salt.
3. Roast 25 minutes. Drain off fat.
4. In small bowl combine 6 Tbs. butter, honey and 2 tsp. sriracha sauce. Brush over wings.
5. Return to oven and roast additional 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, in small bowl combine remaining 2 Tbs. butter and remaining 2 tsp. sriracha sauce. Brush over cooked wings and serve!
Makes 12 servings.