The Academy Awards will be fabulously delicious with Oven-Baked Ravioli Bites & Balsamic Dipping Sauce! Fried ravioli is a popular item on appetizer menus but I took this opportunity to make them not only fabulously delicious but healthier for you too! Why deep fry in oil when you can bake in the oven and have your ravioli bites be so much healthier and even more delicious? They’ll be the star of your party!
Oven-Baked Ravioli Bites & Balsamic Dipping Sauce
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup shredded cheese
2 Tbs. chopped flat leaf parsley
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
6 Tbs. butter, melted
1 pkg. (13 oz.) frozen mini cheese raviolis
1 cup pizza sauce
1 Tbs. Balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Combine breadcrumbs, shredded cheese, parsley, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
3. Dip frozen ravioli, one by one, in melted butter and then toss in breadcrumb mixture until evenly coated. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet.
4. Bake 18 minutes or until ravioli are puffed.
5. Meanwhile, combine pizza sauce and balsamic vinegar. Simmer or microwave until heated through.
6. Serve ravioli bites with dipping sauce, scraping up any brown crispy bits from the baking sheet and sprinkling them over the bites! Yum!
Makes about 48 bites/12 servings; 4 bites per serving.