Cheeseburger Empanadas are bursting with a ground beef, ketchup and cheese filling, making them the perfect kid friendly snack! Serve our empanadas as an appetizer, side dish or an on-the-go snack. Any way you serve them they'll be a hit!
National Empanada Day is April 8th! Kids will love celebrating this national food holiday this year with Cheeseburger Empanadas. Filled with a ground beef, ketchup and cheese filling, these empanadas are the perfect kid friendly snack!
Traced back to Spain these pockets of deliciousness have many versions from places such as Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Italy, India, Venezela and even the Philippines. Defined as a pastry turnover filled with a variety of savory ingredients, our empanadas today have an American flair with our all-American beloved cheeseburger flavors as their filling.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Feel free to stir in a little hamburger relish for an extra punch of flavor! Baked Cheeseburger Empanadas are healthier than their deep fried counterpart, and we all love healthier especially when it tastes so fabulous!
I love setting up my table with a Mexican inspired theme and I start with a colorful Mexican serape table runner. Make it fun and serve drinks with these whimsical Mexican fiesta decorative party straws and always include neon maracas for that special fiesta flair!
Mexican Inspired Recipes
Looking to add more recipes with a Mexican flair to your menu? Look no further because Swirls has a choices galore!
Bursting with cheesy goodness and a hint of spice, Creamy Corn and Black Bean Dip, served with tortilla chips or fresh veggie dippers, is a warm dip with a silky texture from a cream cheese and sour cream winning combination.
If you're craving tacos, then go for the beef and season slices of juicy skirt steak with a few basic spices and enjoy them nestled in a crunchy corn shell topped with a lime-scented mixture of fresh heirloom tomatoes. Spiced Skirt Steak Tacos are a party in your mouth with a burst of flavor in every bite!
Make a Brown Rice Taco Bowl , with seasoned beef and salsa, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, cheddar cheese and red onion over good-for-you brown rice. All the flavors of a taco in a bowl for your next Taco Tuesday!
When you feel like doing Taco Tuesday on Meatless Monday then Oven Roasted Cauliflower Tacos will be perfect choice for you! Cauliflower slow roasts to delicious goodness and then combines with mushrooms giving a meaty flavor to this meatless taco filling.
And don't forget dessert! With a creamy chocolate ganache on top and a hint of spice inside Chipotle Brownies will be the grand finale at your Cinco de Mayo fiesta!
For those who prefer a fruity dessert that will make you pucker, Mojito Key Lime Bars is an easy dessert recipe with all the flavors of summer and a Mojito together in a dessert bar.
- 1.Preheat oven to 425F.
- Brown beef in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; drain any excess fat drippings.
- Stir in ketchup, brown sugar relish (if desired) and kosher salt. Heat until sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool slightly.
- Stir in 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place one piece of dough on lightly floured surface. Arrange about 1 Tablespoon of beef mixture in center of bottom half of dough about 1-inch from edges. Top with 1 teaspoon of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Brush edges of dough with cold water. Fold top half of dough over filling and seal. Arrange on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough, filling and cheese.
- Brush tops and sides of empanadas with lightly beaten egg and bake 20 minutes or until golden.