Turn on the mariachi music, get out your brightly colored dishes and open the tequila….it’s time for a fiesta! Kick off Cinco de Mayo with Jalapeno Cucumber Margaritas and Jalapeno Popper Dip and Chipotle Guacamole and top off the festivities with Chipotle Brownies because everyone loves brownies! With a creamy chocolate ganache on top and a hint of spice inside Chipotle Brownies will be the grand finale at your Cinco de Mayo fiesta! Chipotle Brownies are easy as can be to make. Just melt butter and stir in the rest of the brownie ingredients all in one bowl! The rich chocolate topping is just heated cream and chocolate chips. Yep, it doesn’t get much easier that that! Celebrate! Fiesta!
With a creamy chocolate ganache on top and a hint of spice inside Chipotle Brownies will be the grand finale at your Cinco de Mayo fiesta!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch x 9-inch baking pan with foil leaving a 2-inch overhang. Coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In microwave-safe bowl melt butter.
- Stir in sugar then eggs, flour, cocoa powder, vanilla, chipotle chili pepper and salt. Stir until blended.
- Reserve 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips. Stir remaining bittersweet chocolate chips into brownie batter.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan. Using foil overhang lift brownies and cool completely on wire rack.
- Microwave heavy cream until hot. Pour over reserved 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth and spread over top of brownies.
- Cut into squares.
*Makes 16 brownies or 32 brownie bites.