It’s Taco Tuesday and almost time for Cinco de Mayo! Why not plan on making tacos tonight or for Cinco de Mayo later this week? Just let your imagination run wild and fill a taco with your favorite foods! Today my tacos are filled with saucy spicy buffalo chicken and topped with celery, carrots, tomatoes and creamy Roquefort blue cheese. My mouth is watering already! I might just have to make Buffalo Chicken Tacos for Taco Tuesday tonight and again on Cinco de Mayo! #CincodeMayo @cheesesofeurope
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 Tbs. hot sauce, divided
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 8 taco shells
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup crumbled Roquefort blue cheese*
- Heat oil and 2 Tablespoons hot sauce in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and toss chicken with remaining 4 Tablespoons hot sauce.
- Fill tacos with chicken, lettuce, carrots, celery, tomatoes, scallions, sour cream and blue cheese, dividing evenly between tacos or set up a taco bar and let everyone fill their own tacos! .
Disclosure: I received the Roquefort blue cheese for purposes of reviewing and recipe development. All opinions are my own. @cheesesofeurope