Looking for a fabulously delicious accompaniment to serve with your dinner tonight? Cheesy Jalapeno Cornbread is as quick and easy to make as it is beautiful and yummy! Start with a corn muffin mix with a few stir-ins, top with jalapenos, scallions and cheese, pop in the oven and in minutes you’ll be ready to serve up a mighty fine cornbread!
Cheesy Jalapeno Cornbread
1 pkg. (8.5 oz.) corn muffin mix
1/3 cup milk
1 can (8 oz.) sweet cream style golden corn
1 cup shredded cheddar, divided
1 can (7.75 oz. red or green jalapeno wheels, rinsed and drained*
2 scallions, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line 9″ x 13″ baking pan with foil leaving 2-inch overhang. Coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In bowl combine corn muffin mix, egg and milk until combined. Stir in corn and 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese until blended.
3. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Top with jalapeno wheels*, scallions and remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Let stand 15 minutes.
5. Using foil overhang lift cornbread out of pan. Cut into 12 pieces.
Makes 12 servings.
*Not a fan of spicy jalapenos? Not a problem! Just substitute 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise, for a milder cornbread!