Baked Salsa Chicken is an easy recipe for those busy days. Juicy chicken breasts flavored with taco seasoning are smothered with salsa and cheddar cheese and baked to perfection, making this a soon-to-be favorite weeknight recipe!
Baked Salsa Chicken Recipe
Need to get a fabulously delicious dinner on the table in a hurry with just a few ingredients? Baked Salsa Chicken is your answer! Taco seasoned chicken breasts, surrounded with salsa and cheese, bake in the oven creating juicy chicken with a flavorful topping! Add a sprinkle of chopped cilantro and your family won’t be able to get enough! They’ll be requesting Baked Salsa Chicken over and over again! Oh, and may I make a suggestion? Fiesta Saffron Rice is the perfect accompaniment!
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps combine ground chicken with fresh ginger, garlic and Thai basil for a burst of Thailand flavor! A quick cook on the stove top, spoon into lettuce leaves and drizzle with fresh lime juice and your taste buds will thank you!
Indian Butter Chicken combines warm spices with the simple ingredients of onion, butter, tomato and garlic creating tender chicken in a creamy tomato sauce.
If you love a refreshing margarita cocktail then you’ll definitely want to serve up Strawberry Basil Margarita Chicken brimming with the sweet juiciness of strawberries, fragrant aroma of fresh basil and the lime flavor of the must-have summertime Margarita cocktail.
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbs. homemade taco seasoning or store bought taco seasoning
- 1 jar (16 oz.) salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season both sides of chicken with taco seasoning. Arrange in prepared baking dish. Top with salsa.
- Bake 25 minutes. Top with shredded cheese. Bake until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes. Meat thermometer should read 165F.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve with Fiesta Saffron Rice or hot cooked rice, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.