Saffron rice studded with red bell pepper, onion and peas and flavored with delicate saffron makes for a fabulously delicious side dish.* Start with a package of rice with all the seasonings already in it, add the vegetables and call it a day. It’s not just bursting with flavor, it’s absolutely beautiful too! It’s a fiesta of flavors and colors!
Fiesta Saffron Rice
3 Tbs. olive oil
1 onion, chopped, 1 cup
1 red bell pepper, chopped, 1 cup
2 1/2 cups water
1 pkg. (10 oz.) saffron yellow rice, such as Goya
1 cup frozen peas
1. In pot heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and red bell pepper until tender-crisp, 3-4 minutes.
2. Add water. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice mix, stirring until blended.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
4. Stir in peas. Cover and cook additional 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
Makes 6 cups.
* Looking for the perfect entrée to serve with Fiesta Saffron Rice? Baked Salsa Chicken is your answer!