“Bowls” are all the rage now, so much so that this new food trend is known as “bowling”! You can go “bowling” all day long, starting off your day with a Berry Smoothie Bowl or a Cinnamon Honey Smoothie Bowl. Dine on a Quinoa Lentil Broth Bowl for lunch, my copycat version of Panera’s popular menu item, and finish off your day with a Brown Rice Taco Bowl. Your Taco Bowl is filled with a seasoned ground beef and salsa mixture, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, cheddar cheese and red onion all on top of hearty good-for-you brown rice. And don’t forget the dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of sliced scallions! You’ll be able to say you’ve gone “bowling” today!
And if you’re craving more tacos after your Brown Rice Taco Bowl then season and grill your favorite fish (mine is cod!) and top with a fresh Mango Pico De Gallo and Fish Tacos With Mango Pico De Gallo will be trending in your kitchen! Go for the beef and season slices of juicy skirt steak with a few basic spices and enjoy them nestled in a crunchy corn shell topped with a lime-scented mixture of fresh heirloom tomatoes. Spiced Skirt Steak Tacos are a party in your mouth with a burst of flavor in every bite! Or just let your imagination run wild and combine your favorite foods, tacos and buffalo chicken, and make Buffalo Chicken Tacos! Fill a taco with saucy spicy buffalo chicken topped with celery, carrots, tomatoes and creamy Roquefort blue cheese. And when you feel like doing Taco Tuesday on Meatless Monday then Oven Roasted Cauliflower Tacos will be perfect choice for you! Cauliflower slow roasts to delicious goodness and then combines with mushrooms giving a meaty flavor to this meatless taco filling.
Brown Rice Taco Bowl is filled with seasoned beef and salsa, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, cheddar cheese and red onion over good-for-you brown rice. All the flavors of a taco in a bowl!
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice OR 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 avocados pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbs. chopped red onion
- 4 Tbs. sour cream
- 1 scallion sliced on diagonal
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large non-stick skillet cook ground beef, chili powder, cumin, kosher salt and garlic powder over medium-high heat until beef is cooked through. Stir in salsa and cook until mixture is heated through,1-2 minutes.
- To assemble, divide ingredients evenly between four bowls beginning with brown rice. Top rice with ground beef mixture, avocado, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and red onion. Garnish with sour cream and sliced scallions. Serve with additional salsa, if desired.