Make a Brown Rice Taco Bowl with seasoned ground beef and salsa, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, cheddar cheese and red onion over good-for-you brown rice. All the flavors of a taco in a bowl for your next Taco Tuesday!
Taco Bowl Recipe
"Bowls" are all the rage now, so much so that this new food trend is known as "bowling"!
Dine on a Quinoa Lentil Broth Bowl for lunch, my copycat version of Panera's popular menu item, and finish off your day with a beef taco rice bowl.
Your rice taco bowl is filled with a seasoned ground beef and salsa mixture, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, cheddar cheese and red onion all on top of hearty good-for-you brown rice.
And don't forget the dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of sliced scallions! This easy taco bowl recipe can be on your table quickly on a busy weeknight and you'll be able to say you've gone "bowling" today!
Make your taco rice bowl Whole30 with just three easy substitutions!
Are you feeling like a Taco Bowl for dinner tonight and you're doing Whole30? Our Taco Bowl recipe will be your next new Whole30 recipe with these three simple substitutions:
- Substitute cauliflower rice for the brown rice. Steam the cauliflower rice in your microwave.
- Substitute non dairy sour cream for the sour cream. Cashew sour cream will work well.
- Substitute non dairy shredded cheddar cheese for the shredded cheddar cheese. Vegan shredded cheese is readily available and will be a great substitution.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Make recipe with ground turkey
- Season with taco seasoning in place of the chili powder and cumin
- Substitute picante sauce for the salsa
- Make it with salsa verde
- For a fun way to serve toppings, arrange toppings in a muffin tin
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- brown rice
- ground beef
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- kosher salt
- garlic powder
- shredded cheddar cheese
- red onion
- sour cream
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Decorations for a taco party
Taco time is a good time for a taco party! Tacos are the best party food and always put me in a fiesta state of mind!
If you decide to actually go all out and have a taco party, you definitely must start with hanging this Taco About A Party Banner (this makes me crack up every time!).
Then add a colorful Serepe Plastic Tablecloth, or this set of hand woven serape table runners in fextive colors (or both!) and these adorable Fiesta Paper Striped Party Straws with Tacos, Sombreros and more on them.
And if you're craving more tacos after your Brown Rice Taco Bowl then season and grill your favorite fish (mine is cod!) and top with a fresh Mango Pico De Gallo and Fish Tacos With Mango Pico De Gallo will be trending in your kitchen!
Or just let your imagination run wild and combine your favorite foods, tacos and buffalo chicken, and make Buffalo Chicken Tacos! Fill a taco with saucy spicy buffalo chicken topped with celery, carrots, tomatoes and creamy Roquefort blue cheese.
Change up your Taco Tuesday this week with our One Pot Taco Beef and Rice. A taco skillet recipe that’s quick, easy and delicious will soon become a family favorite taco alternative. With all the flavors of a taco, you can eat this easy taco rice recipe in a bowl or in taco shells.
Go for the beef and season slices of juicy skirt steak with a few basic spices and enjoy them nestled in a crunchy corn shell topped with a lime-scented mixture of fresh heirloom tomatoes. Spiced Skirt Steak Tacos are a party in your mouth with a burst of flavor in every bite!
Brown Rice Taco Bowl is filled with seasoned beef and salsa, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, cheddar cheese and red onion over good-for-you brown rice. All the flavors of a taco in a bowl! Make it Whole30 with just three simple substitutions!
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice OR 3 cups hot cooked brown rice (see Whole30 substitution in Recipe Notes)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 avocados pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (see Whole30 substitution in Recipe Notes)
- 2 Tbs. chopped red onion
- 4 Tbs. sour cream (see Whole30 substitution in Recipe Notes)
- 1 scallion sliced on diagonal
Cook brown rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in large non-stick skillet cook ground beef, chili powder, cumin, kosher salt and garlic powder over medium-high heat until beef is cooked through.
Stir in salsa and cook until mixture is heated through,1-2 minutes.
To assemble, divide ingredients evenly between four bowls beginning with brown rice. Top rice with ground beef mixture, avocado, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and red onion.
Garnish with sour cream and sliced scallions. Serve with additional salsa, if desired.
Make It Whole30: With these three simple substitutions our Taco Bowl recipe will be your next new Whole30 recipe:
1. Substitute cauliflower rice for the brown rice. Steam the cauliflower rice in your microwave.
2. Substitute non dairy sour cream for the sour cream. Cashew sour cream will work well.
3. Substitute non dairy shredded cheddar cheese for the shredded cheddar cheese. Vegan shredded cheese is readily available and will be a great substitution.
First Published: August 1, 2015... Last Updated: January 8, 2021