Oven Baked Meatballs Parmesan, an easy homemade meatball recipe that's cheesy and saucy, will warm you up at dinner tonight!
Oven Baked Meatballs Recipe
Meatballs Parmesan is a cheesy, saucy, beefy and versatile dish. Make it one night and serve on long rolls as a meatball parmesan hero.
Next time serve the meatballs with sauce over a bowl of pasta or zucchini noodles.
Or serve the homemade meatballs with a salad and garlic bread and call it dinner!
Any way you serve it you're going to love this baked meatball parmesan recipe!
Just shape the ground beef meatballs, smother them with sauce and let them bake themselves in the oven.
Not only is this a versatile recipe, you'll have time to kick up your feet while it cooks itself.
So darn easy you'll want to make this simple baked meatballs with parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs recipe every night of the week!
And if you love your meatballs with spaghetti you’ll want to try our One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs. It’s an easy recipe that cooks pasta and homemade meatballs together in a delicious tomato sauce all in one skillet.
So heat up the oven because tonight’s a good night for cooking meatballs in oven.
Serve over pasta or zucchini noodles, as a meatball hero or just on its own with a salad, the choice is yours!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Stop by the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for GG's personal kitchen recommendations!
How to make oven baked meatballs
Scroll down for the full recipe instructions and ingredient amounts in the recipe card below
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Combine ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs. 2 Tbs. fresh basil, garlic and kosher salt in a bowl.
- Shape meatball mixture into 16 meatballs.
- In a 1 1/2-quart baking dish, arrange meatballs in a single layer.
- Combine diced tomatoes (drained), tomato sauce and sugar in another bowl and pour sauce over the meatballs.
- Bake meatballs for 35 minutes.
- Arrange sliced fresh mozzarella on top of meatballs.
- Cook another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and the meatballs are cooked through.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Spice it up and use diced tomatoes with green chiles
- These meatballs are delicious when served as a meatball parmesan sub
- Substitute ground turkey for the ground beef
- Use ground chicken in place of the ground beef
- Save time and use your favorite jarred marinara sauce in place of the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes
Ingredients for baked meatball casserole
- ground beef
- seasoned breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- kosher salt
- diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano
- tomato sauce
- fresh mozzarella
Recipes With Meatballs
Sweet and Sour Meatballs is an easy recipe for homemade meatballs and sauce. Ground veal or beef is flavored with fresh ginger, cilantro, scallions and garlic, shaped intomini meatballs and simmered in a homemade sweet and sour sauce. Serve over rice noodles, rice or quinoa for a flavorful easy dinner.
Basil Provolone Meatball Heroes is a sandwich recipe for homemade meatballs that simmer in a marinara sauce. Top with provolone cheese and fresh basil for a sandwich filled with the flavors of Italy.
Spaghetti and Meatball Soup is a fun twist on a favorite comfort food. It's a spaghetti and meatball dinner in a bowl of soup and ready in under 30 minutes!
Did you know that you can have your spaghetti and meatballs and eat your pizza too with Deep Dish Spaghetti & Meatball Pizza? The kids will love this pizza for sure!
Baked Meatballs Parmesan
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil + additional basil leaves for garnish
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano , drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella , 8 ounces
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In bowl combine ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, 2 Tbs. fresh basil, garlic and kosher salt.
- Shape into 16 meatballs and arrange in single layer in
a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In another bowl combine diced tomatoes (drained), tomato sauce and sugar. Pour over meatballs.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Top with sliced fresh mozzarella and cook additional 5-10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Top with additional fresh basil leaves.
- Make recipe with ground turkey
- Make recipe with ground chicken