Oven Baked Meatballs Parmesan, an easy homemade meatball recipe that's cheesy and saucy, will warm you up at dinner tonight! Just shape our seasoned ground beef mixture into meatballs, smother with sauce and let them bake themselves in the oven. Serve over pasta or zucchini noodles, on a long roll as a meatball hero or just on it's own with a salad!
Oven Baked Meatballs Recipe
Meatballs Parmesan is a cheesy, saucy, beefy and versatile dish. Make it one night and serve on long rolls as a Meatball Parmesan Hero.
Next time serve over a bowl of pasta or zucchini noodles.
Another evening just serve them with a salad and garlic bread and call it dinner!
Just shape the ground beef meatballs, smother them with sauce and let them bake themselves in the oven.
Not only is this a versatile recipe, you'll have time to kick up your feet while it cooks itself.
So darn easy you'll want to make this simple baked meatballs with parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs recipe every night of the week!
And if you love your meatballs with spaghetti you’ll want to try our One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs. It’s an easy recipe that cooks pasta and homemade meatballs together in a delicious tomato sauce all in one skillet.
How to make oven baked meatballs
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Combine ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs. 2 Tbs. fresh basil, garlic and kosher salt in a bowl.
- Shape meatball mixture into 16 meatballs.
- In a 1 1/2-quart baking dish, arrange meatballs in a single layer.
- Combine diced tomatoes (drained), tomato sauce and sugar in another bowl and pour sauce over the meatballs.
- Bake meatballs for 35 minutes.
- Arrange sliced fresh mozzarella on top of meatballs.
- Cook another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Garnish with additional fresh basil leaves.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Make with ground turkey
- Spice it up and use diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Use your favorite jarred marinara sauce
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Need a break from cooking every now and then? Explore the Best-Selling Meal Plans! Check out the freshly prepared, restaurant quality gourmet meals from Home Bistro that will be delivered right to your very own home. Sometimes you just need to treat yourself because you deserve it!
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- ground beef
- seasoned breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- kosher salt
- diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano
- tomato sauce
- fresh mozzarella
Sweet and Sour Meatballs is an easy recipe for homemade meatballs and sauce. Ground veal or beef is flavored with fresh ginger, cilantro, scallions and garlic, shaped intomini meatballs and simmered in a homemade sweet and sour sauce. Serve over rice noodles, rice or quinoa for a flavorful easy dinner.
Basil Provolone Meatball Heroes is a sandwich recipe for homemade meatballs that simmer in a marinara sauce. Top with provolone cheese and fresh basil for a sandwich filled with the flavors of Italy.
Spaghetti and Meatball Soup is a fun twist on a favorite comfort food. It's a spaghetti and meatball dinner in a bowl of soup and ready in under 30 minutes!
Did you know that you can have your spaghetti and meatballs and eat your pizza too with Deep Dish Spaghetti & Meatball Pizza? The kids will love this pizza for sure!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Baked Meatballs Parmesan is a cheesy, saucy, beefy recipe that will warm you up tonight! Serve over pasta or zucchini noodles, on a long roll as a meatball hero or just on it's own with a salad!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil + additional basil leaves for garnish
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano , drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella , 8 ounces
Preheat oven to 400F.
In bowl combine ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, 2 Tbs. fresh basil, garlic and kosher salt.
Shape into 16 meatballs and arrange in single layer in
a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
In another bowl combine diced tomatoes (drained), tomato sauce and sugar. Pour over meatballs.
Bake 35 minutes.
Top with sliced fresh mozzarella and cook additional 5-10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and cheese is melted.
Top with additional fresh basil leaves.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips:
- Make recipe with ground turkey
- Make recipe with ground chicken