Our Soba Noodle Bowl is brimming with fresh vegetables and tender noodles. Fresh ginger and garlic add savory notes creating a bowl full of fabulous flavor.
Noodle Bowls. Rice Bowls. Quinoa Bowls. Ramen Bowls.
Bowls are all the rage right now and there’s a good reason for that. These bowls are packed with nutrition and right on trend.
The flavors and ingredients in a broth bowl are limited only by your imagination.
I have to confess that I am in love with the Broth Bowl trend.
Because, really now, a bowl filled with noodles, broth, vegetables, seasonings, fresh herbs, sauces. How can you go wrong? And the possibilities are endless.
For our recipe, assorted fresh vegetables are sautéed in ginger and garlic adding delicious Asian flavors to our soba bowl.
With soba noodles as the base of our bowl, the savory flavors of the vegetables are layered with the fresh ginger and topped off with a crunch of radishes, edamame.
Carrots, edamame, radishes and mushrooms lend color and flavor and the ease of a packaged broccoli slaw saves time.
Soba noodles provide texture and nutrition, adding substance to the bowl.
Perfect for a Meatless Monday dinner!
Soba Noodles FAQ’s
What are soba noodles?
Soba noodles are a Japanese noodle made from buckwheat flour. They can also be made from a combination of buckwheat flour and wheat flour.
Are soba noodles healthy?
Soba noodles are a good source of fiber and manganese and making them a nutritious alternative to traditional pastas and other types of noodles.
How do you serve soba noodles?
Soba noodles can be served hot as in a soup or cold in a noodle salad or with a dipping sauce.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Add chopped radish greens
- Substitute beef broth for the vegetable broth
- Can't find pre-cooked soba noodles? Just prepare soba noodles according to package directions
- Substitute broccoli florettes for the broccoli slaw
- Make with white mushrooms or assorted mushrooms
- Top with sliced cooked chicken or beef
- Top with a poached egg
- Make with low sodium soy sauce
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- olive oil
- fresh ginger
- garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- baby bella mushrooms
- broccoli slaw
- shredded carrots
- vegetable broth
- soba stir-fry noodles
- soy sauce
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Soba Noodle Bowl
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg. (10 ounces) baby bella mushrooms , sliced, 4 cups
- 2 cups broccoli slaw , from 1 (12 ounce) pkg.
- 1 cup shredded carrots + additional for garnish
- 1 cup sliced radishes + additional for garnish
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pouch (7.1 ounce) soba stir-fry noodles , from 1 (14.2 ounce) pkg.
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Heat oil in saucepot over medium-high heat.
- Cook ginger, garlic, kosher salt and pepper until just fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes.
- Add broccoli slaw, carrots and radishes and cook until tender crisp.
- Stir in broth, soba noodles, edamame and soy sauce and cook until heated through.
- Garnish with additional shredded carrots and sliced radishes, if desired.
- Make with beef broth
- Top with sliced cooked chicken
- Top with sliced cooked beef
- Top with an egg