Our Spaghetti and Meatball Soup recipe is a fun twist on the all-time favorite comfort food. All the elements of traditional spaghetti and meatball recipes, spaghetti, meatballs and tomatoes, are combined in a bowl of soup! An easy recipe that's on the table in less than 30 minute and so much fun for kids too!
Spaghetti and Meatball Recipes
I can say with confidence that everyone loves spaghetti with meatball recipes, agree? So it goes without saying that everyone will love Spaghetti and Meatball Soup!
First Published: January 10, 2014... Last Updated: December 17, 2019
All the elements of a spaghetti and meatball dinner in a soup! Definitely a fun twist on an all-time favorite comfort food….and one that the kids will think is so much fun!
The best part? This soup can be on the table in less than 30 minutes! Just add a tossed salad and some garlic bread and you’ll have yourself a delicious weeknight dinner.
My three year old grandson Liam saw this bowl of soup as I was photographing it and asked me what it was. I said it’s Spaghetti and Meatball Soup and he responded “that’s so cute GG!”
As they say, out of the mouths of babes. So have some fun and serve my “cute” Spaghetti and Meatball Soup!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- frozen cocktail size Italian style beef meatballs
- dried basil
- kosher salt
- beef broth
- canned diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
Homemade Soup Recipes
I'm a big fan of homemade soups. Homemade soups are filled with good clean ingredients that are healthy for you. None of the chemicals and high sodium that's in canned soups. And who doesn't love a pot of simmering soup on the stove top?
Cheddar Potato Soup is a homemade soup that’s creamy, silky and cheesy with a hint of bacon and a quick and easy recipe to make for dinner! Brimming with fresh vegetables, this easy potato cheese soup will be a welcome addition to your weeknight menu.
You’re going to love that this Italian Wedding Soup recipe is a cinch to make with premade meatballs and baby spinach! It’s a homemade soup that's ready in about 30 minutes!
Quinoa Lentil Broth Bowl is an easy recipe for a hearty bowl of soup filled with lentils, quinoa, carrots, kale and a hint of lemon in a light tomato broth. Switch out the chicken broth for vegetable broth, top with an egg and have a perfect Meatless Monday dinner!
The fresh clean flavors of garlic, fresh ginger and lime and the buttery creaminess of chunks of avocados come together to create Avocado Lime Chicken Soup, a new comfort soup favorite!
Spaghetti & Meatball Soup
- 1 Tbs. oil
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen cocktail size Italian style beef meatballs
- 1 onion, chopped, 1 cup
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) beef broth
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in smaller pieces, about 2 cups uncooked pieces
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 3-quart pot.
- Cook meatballs, onion, basil, kosher salt and pepper until onions are tender and meatballs are lightly browned, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Add broth and diced tomatoes with their juices. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in spaghetti pieces. Boil until spaghetti is al dente, 9-11 minutes.