I'm thinking it's time for a change of pace and a healthier option than ground beef. Perhaps ground turkey? Yep, that's what I'm going to do. Mini turkey meatloaves flavored with taco seasoning and topped with pepper jack cheese bake in just 25 minutes! Top with salsa and scallions and you'll have all the flavors of a taco in your meatloaf! The mini size are so much fun too...great for kids!
Mini Taco Turkey Meatloaves
1 lb. ground turkey
1 envelope (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
4 slices pepper jack cheese
1/2 cup salsa
2 scallions, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Coat baking sheet with low sides with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In bowl combine ground turkey, taco seasoning mix, egg and breadcrumbs. Shape into 4 mini loaves.
3. Arrange on prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes.
4. Top with pepper jack cheese. Bake additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and turkey is cooked through and meat thermometer reads 165F.
5. Top with salsa and scallions.
Makes 4 servings.