Chicken Soup just got a facelift! The fresh clean flavors of garlic, fresh ginger and lime and the buttery creaminess of chunks of avocados come together to create Avocado Lime Chicken Soup, a new comfort soup favorite! Avocados are cholesterol free, sodium free, sugar-free, contain naturally good fats and are a good source of fiber. Healthy and delicious? Yes it is! And there’s nothing quite as wonderful as a homemade soup and nothing quite as satisfying as making that soup in less than 30 minutes! Avocado Lime Chicken Soup is a snap to put together on your stovetop and will be gone just as quickly when you set it on your table!
- 1 Tbs. oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbs. minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 avocados pitted, peeled and chopped
- 2 scallions sliced on diagonal
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 Ths. lime juice
- Heat oil over medium heat and cook garlic, ginger and kosher salt until just fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add broth and salsa verde and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, avocados, scallions, cilantro and lime juice. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Makes 8 cups.