Everyone will be asking for seconds when our Oreo Cake Recipe With Pudding is served for dessert! A homemade brownie becomes a poke cake that is infused with chocolate pudding then topped with layers of homemade Oreo pudding, whipped topping, cookies and a drizzle of hot fudge.
Oreo Cake Recipe
We all love a poke cake! But have you made a chocolate poke cake with pudding?
And was your poke cake a homemade brownie?
Oh, and then did you top that brownie cake with a layer of pudding filled with crushed cookies that became a homemade oreo pudding?
Oh and then there’s that top layer of whipped topping, more chopped cookies and a drizzle of fudge sauce!
Yeah baby! Now that’s what I’m talking about! It’s an oreo poke cake, a chocolate pudding poke cake, an oreo pudding poke cake maybe even an oreo pudding cake!
Oh my goodness, you know what? You can even call it a cookies and cream cake!
But whatever you call it, everyone will be calling it mighty fine and delicious and asking for seconds because dessert never tasted so good!
How to make a poke cake recipe
You can scroll down to find the full recipe with ingredient measurements in the recipe card below
For the brownie cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line a 9-inch square baking panwith foil and leave a 2-inch overhang. Then coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In microwave-safe bowl microwave butter and chocolate until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in eggs, flour, vanilla, baking soda and salt until blended.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan and then using foil overhang, lift brownies out of pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Using handle of wooden spoon, make holes in top of brownie about 1-inch apart.
For the Pudding and Topping:
- Combine pudding mix and milk in a bowl and whisk until smooth and blended.
- Let stand several minutes until pudding begins to thicken just slightly.
- Pour 3/4 cup of pudding into holes in top of brownie.
- Then chop 6 oreo cookies and stir into remaining pudding.
- Fold 1/2 cup of the whipped topping into the oreo pudding mixture and spread over the top of the brownie.
- Spread remaining 2 1/2 cups whipped topping over pudding mixture.
- Chop remaining 6 oreo cookies and place on top of the whipped topping.
- Drizzle with fudge sauce and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- No time to bake? Use a store bought brownie or chocolate cake
- Make it cookies and cream and prepare with instant vanilla pudding mix
- Drizzle with caramel sauce
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- butter – adds dairy notes
- unsweetened chocolate – base for the homemade brownie
- granulated sugar – adds sweetness
- eggs – helps to make the brownie rise
- flour – just the right amount so the chocolate shines through
- vanilla extract – adds depth of flavor
- baking soda – helps to make the brownie rise
- salt – makes the flavor pop
- instant chocolate pudding mix – easy way to make pudding
- milk – makes the pudding creamy
- Oreo cookies – need I say more?
- frozen whipped topping – lightens the pudding and makes a delicious topping
- hot fudge topping – adds deep chocolate flavor
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are rich chocolate brownies studded with chunks of peanut butter cup candy and baked to perfection. Topped with a creamy peanut butter buttercream frosting, more chunks of peanut butter cup candy and then drizzled with hot fudge topping and peanut butter!
Espresso Brownies with Kahlua Ganache is a homemade brownie recipe of rich, fudgy, decadent, intense brownies topped with a silky Kahlua chocolate buttercream frosting.
Chocolate Chip Mint Brownies is an easy dessert recipe for your celebration! Top warm homemade brownies with Andes mint candy, let them melt, then smooth out for an easy one ingredient mint frosting!
A homemade brownie becomes a poke cake that isinfused with chocolate pudding then topped with layers of homemade Oreopudding, whipped topping, cookies and a drizzle of hot fudge. Everyone willbe asking for seconds when Oreo Cake Recipe is served fordessert!
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 12 Oreo cookies, divided
- 3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/4 cup hot fudge topping , warmed slightly
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil leaving a 2-inch overhang. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Microwave butter and chocolate in microwave-safe bowl until melted, stirring occasionally.
Stir in sugar until dissolved.
Add eggs, flour, vanilla, baking soda and salt, stirring until smooth and blended.
Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes in pan. Using foil overhang, lift brownies out of pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Using handle of wooden spoon, make holes in top of brownie about 1-inch apart.
In bowl combine pudding mix and milk, whisking until smooth and blended. Let stand several minutes until pudding begins to thicken just slightly. Pour 3/4 cup of pudding into holes in top of brownie.
Finely chop 6 cookies and stir into remaining pudding. Fold 1/2 cup whipped topping into pudding mixture and spread your oreo pudding mixture over top of brownie.
Spread remaining 2 1/2 cups whipped topping over pudding mixture.
Chop remaining 6 cookies and arrange on top of whipped topping. Drizzle with fudge sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 16 servings.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Drizzle with caramel sauce too!
- Make with vanilla pudding
- Make with vanilla oreo cookies
First Published: August 26, 2016... Last Updated: April 29, 2021 for better readability and user experience