Chocolate Chip Mint Brownies is an easy dessert recipe for your Saint Patrick's Day celebration! Top warm homemade brownies with Andes mint candy, let them melt, then smooth out for an easy one ingredient mint frosting!
Mint Brownies Recipe
Everyone will want to be Irish on Saint Patrick's Day when Chocolate Chip Mint Brownies are for dessert! And you'll be happy to make these homemade brownies when the "frosting" is just one ingredient.....Andes mint candies!
Mint candies melt over warm brownies to form a creamy topping. Sprinkle with shamrock sprinkles and you're all set to celebrate your Irish!
Having a party to celebrate all that's Irish? You can serve our Chocolate Chip Mint Brownies as full size brownies or cut them into bite size pieces to feed a crowd!
Maybe you'll want to serve two desserts and you can make our No-Bake Bailey's Irish Cream Parfaits too!
If you decide to serve both desserts then I suggest making the parfaits in smaller jars so no one has to make decisions and can have both sweet treats! If anyone is a Libra like me, decisions can be so difficult! And really, who wants to have to decide between two desserts?
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips
- green shamrock sprinkles
- thin mint candies
Saint Patrick's Day Recipes
Are you planning your Saint Patrick's Day menu? You'll definitely want to include some of these recipes in your lineup this year!
A party isn't Irish without shooters! Kick off your party with Shamrock Shake Shooters! Our shooters are made with vanilla ice cream, Irish Whiskey, mint flavoring and tinted green, and are sure to be the hit of your Saint Patrick's Day! Kids will love these little shooters too, without the Irish whiskey of course!
Want to give your instant pot a try? Cook your corned beef and cabbage dinner in the instant pot and you will have the most tender and delicious corned beef dinner ever! Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage with Dijon Horseradish Cream will make this year’s Saint Patrick’s Day dinner superb and memorable. You’ll wish you were Irish every day!
Guinness, brown sugar and horseradish mustard combine in your slow cooker and flavor your corned beef. Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Guinness Reduction cooks on it's own during the day for an easy Saint Patrick's Day dinner you can come home too!
Give your cabbage a face lift this Saint Patrick's Day with our Roasted Cabbage Wedges With Bacon recipe! Wedges of cabbage are seasoned and oven roasted to tender perfection, then sprinkled with crumbled crispy bacon and fresh parsley leaves.
Chocolate Chip Mint Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan with foil leaving a 2-inch overhang. Coat with no-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder and salt together until blended. Set aside.
- Combine melted butter and sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in reserved flour mixture until a brownie batter forms.
- Add mini chips and 1/4 cup green sprinkles.
- Transfer to prepared pan and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven and immediately top with thin mint candy. Let stand until candy is melted then swirl with an offset spatula or back of a spoon and top with remaining sprinkles. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Using foil overhang, lift brownies out of pan and cool completely on wire rack....unless you can't resist. In that case, go ahead and eat them warm!
- Cut into squares.