Elevate your summer happy hour to a new level of deliciousness with our easy recipes for thirst quenching Summer Drinks. From wine slushies to Bourbon punch, berry lemonade and a sunset cocktail, we have cocktail recipes to get you through all of your picnics, barbecues and al fresco summer dining.
Summer is finally here folks so let's kick it off with a variety of Summer Drinks for your outdoor festivities and happy hours!
Because we all know it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
You’ve come to the right place for recipes for tasty summer cocktails to make at home!
If you fancy making a party punch for a crowd, cocktails for two or a summer fruit sangria, you’ll be happy you stopped by Swirls!
Cheers to summer, and cheers to summer happy hour, we're so happy you finally arrived!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Personally, I will be drinking my lemonade all summer long in my new favorite pitcher and wine glass set!
I also love love love these gorgeous stemless wine glasses that make sipping on your favorite beverage feel like a special occasion every time!
And be sure to check out these stainless steel wine glasses that are perfect for camping and picnics!
You'll want to visit the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for more of my personal kitchen recommendations!
- Sangria Slushy With Berries - Our frozen sangria is perfect for any red white and blue holiday get together, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. With just two ingredients, frozen berries and sangria, you won’t look at another wine slushy because you’ll be hooked on it’s deep intense flavor and the beauty of it’s gorgeous color.
- Frozen Peach Bellini - You’ll definitely want to check out one more wine slushy because it will be the perfect addition for your al fresco brunch. Frozen peaches, Peach Schnapps and Prosecco whirl up into a fabulously delicious frozen bellini cocktail that you’ll be making over and over again this season!
- Watermelon Frosé - Our summer fruit frose a flavorful twist on the trendy Frosé cocktail. Juicy fresh watermelon and tangy lime add a summertime flavor to our frozen rose recipe.
- Blended Pina Colada Recipe - Grumpy's Honeybunch has a delicious summer colada recipe for you that's bursting with tropical flavors!
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri - Made with a blend of frozen strawberries, white rum, and lime juice, this frozen cocktail from Grumpy's Honeybunch is sweet, cool, and refreshing.
- Wine Ice Pops - Some drinks can be served on a stick! Yes, wine popsicles are a frozen cocktail on a stick. Pinot Noir, pomegranate juice and a fresh plum are frozen together to perfection. Go ahead and serve them in a stemless wine glass and call them a cocktail!
- Coconut Lime Rum Drink - Do you love summer drinks with rum? Then you're going to definitely enjoy this sweet, creamy and frosty cocktail made with rum and fresh limes from Grumpy's HOneybunch.
These silicone stemless wine glasses are perfect for sipping your slushy poolside or on the beach!
Summer punch recipes
- Belmont Breeze Punch - You don't need a horse race to make our Belmont Jewel cocktail. The flavors of cranberry and orange juices combine with Bourbon and the fizz of lemon lime soda for a refreshing and mouthwatering summer punch!
- Raspberry Basil Lemonade Punch - Summer is made for lemonade! Bursting with the summertime flavors of lemonade, fresh raspberries, fragrant basil leaves and a splash of vodka, this raspberry vodka lemonade is an easy refreshing recipe for a warm summer evening.
- Mojito Punch - By adding fresh pineapple and pineapple rum to the classic mojito you’ve gone tropical with a refreshing mojito cocktail! Trust me, you’re going to love every sip!
- Lemonade Prosecco Punch - This trendy prosecco punch is flavored with puckering raspberry lemonade and bubbly Prosecco and topped off with sweet bursts of fresh juicy berries!
- Mint Julep Punch - A twist on the traditional Kentucky Derby Bourbon cocktail, lime and pomegranate juice add a depth of flavor and ginger ale turns the mint julep into party punch for a crowd!
- Bourbon Punch - Combine two juices, Bourbon and a hint of vanilla topped off with bubbly ginger ale, orange slices and pomegranate arils and you'll have yourself a fabulous bourbon cocktail punch.
Best Sangria Recipes
- Summer Sangria - Our peach sangria is brimming with fresh fruits, peach wine and peach brandy. Top it off with a bubbling lemon lime soda and enjoy a tall glass of this refreshing summer sangria recipe!
- Raspberry Rose Sangria - Light and fruity for summer, our rose sangria is bursting with juicy raspberries, fresh basil, lime, Rose wine, vodka, raspberry liqueur and seltzer.
- Cranberry Sangria - An easy cocktail recipe made with rich bodied wines and a hint of spice, cranberry sangria will soon become a favorite go-to cocktail.
- Apple Cider Sangria - Applejack brandy and a sweet white wine combine with a hint of vanilla creating the perfect balance of flavors.
I use these stemless wine glasses for just about every beverage I serve and they’re perfect filled with an ice cold glass of homemade sangria!
- Kahlua Mudslide Milkshake - We all know that everyone loves a milkshake, and now that you’re all grown up, it’s time for a grown-up happy hour milkshake! Our shake recipe combines cold creamy ice cream and rich chocolate milk with coffee liqueur, Irish Cream and vodka to make the perfect adult beverage that will cool you off at your next summertime happy hour!
- Chocolate Martini - Sometimes you just need to sip on your dessert! A chocolate cocktail is a great way to satisfy your sweet cravings at happy hour. It’s also the delicious ending to a fabulously delicious dinner too!
Fun Summer Cocktails
- Vodka Cocktail - The clean taste of cucumber partnered with the burst of cool flavor from fresh mint in this cucumber mint drink will certainly cool you off! Perfect for Happy Hour on a warm summer evening.
- Caribbean Sunset Rum Cocktail - Coconut, pineapple and lime blend together beautifully for a tropical cocktail, Our island inspired cocktail will transport you to a sandy beach with calypso music filling the air.
- Fresh Strawberry Mojitos - A Strawberry Mojito, from Jersey Girl Cooks, is a delicious way to kick off summer strawberry season. Add chips and salsa and let the fiesta begin!
- Dirty Shirley - The Shirley Temple of your childhood just grew up with a shot of vodka!
- Pomegranate Mojito is an easy drink recipe for the classic mojito but with a twist of added pomegranate juice for a flavorful and tangy cocktail!
- Jalapeno Cucumber Margaritas.- Are you planning a summertime fiesta? Then you will certainly want to be serving these spicy margaritas. Jalapeno and cucumber are infused in a margarita mixture lending just the right amount of heat from the jalapeno balanced with the cool crisp flavor of cucumber.
- DIY Mimosa Bar - Everyone will love making their own mimosa with an assortment of fresh fruits, juices and sparkling wine. So much fun for bridal showers, baby showers and brunch too!
- Campari Tonic - A refreshing cocktail that's a twist on the traditional gin and tonic. Made with the Italian aperitif, tonic and lime.