There’s no denying that there’s still a little kid in each of us. And there’s nothing quite like the excitement of a kid with a frozen ice pop! Pomegranate Plum Wine Ice Pops will bring out the inner kid in you! A little Pinot Noir (red wine, good for your heart), a little pomegranate juice (a good antioxidant source) and a fresh plum (so wonderful that you’ll be getting some fresh fruit), all frozen to perfection. Yes, your Labor Day get together this weekend will be filled with kids…at heart!
- 1 1/4 cups 100% pomegranate juice, divided
- 1 1/4 cups Pinot Noir wine, divided
- 1 plum, pitted and chopped, 1 cup, divided
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Puree 1/4 cup pomegranate juice, 1/4 cup Pinot Noir, 1/2 cup chopped plum, brown sugar and vanilla in blender until smooth and blended.
- Add remaining 1 cup pomegranate juice, 1 cup Pinot Noir, 1/2 cup chopped plum and pour into ice pop molds.
- Freeze until solid, 8 hours-overnight.
- Unmold and serve. Cheers!