Our Easy Homemade Cheesecake Sundaes are a fun twist on two all-time favorite desserts. Scoops of frozen homemade cheesecake become your “ice cream”. Just add your favorite ice cream sundae toppings for a refreshing dessert.
Love cheesecake? Love ice cream sundaes? Then you’re going to fall in love with scoops of frozen cheesecake topped with your favorite sundae toppings.
Now you don’t have to decide between having a slice of cheesecake or a scoop of ice cream. Just have a scoop of frozen cheesecake!
Scoops of creamy cheesecake with a cinnamon-kissed crust combine with your favorite sundae toppings. Personalize your sundae with the sauces, nuts and sprinkles you love most!
You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make a homemade graham cracker crust with our homemade cheesecake recipe. And there’s no need for a messy water bath when you make this recipe.
Trust me when I say, creamy scoops of this frozen concoction will have everyone going back for second scoops.
Ice Cream Sundae FAQ's
What are toppings for ice cream sundaes?
The list of ice cream sundae topping choices is endless!
- Caramel sauce
- Hot fudge sauce
- Strawberry sauce
- Butterscotch sauce
- Wet walnuts
- Glazed nuts
- Toasted nuts
- Crushed cookies
- Brownie bits
- Peanut butter cups
- Gummy bears
- Chopped candy bars
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Marachino cherries
- Whipped cream
- Fresh fruit
- Maple syrup
What is the most popular ice cream toppings?
After taking a poll of 2,000 people, chocolate chips are the most popular topping.
What are the most popular ice cream flavors?
The ice cream flavors that were voted the most popular in a survey are:
- Cookies N Cream
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
Change up the flavor of your cheesecake by stirring in one of the following to your batter before baking:
- Crushed oreos
- Mini chocolate chips
- Crushed chocolate chip cookies
- Brownie bits
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- graham cracker crumbs
- ground cinnamon
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- vanilla extract
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Easy Homemade Cheesecake Sundaes
- Preheat oven to 350F and coat 9-inch x 13-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter.
- Press crumb mixture on bottom of prepared baking pan.
- With mixer at medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Pour cheesecake batter over crust in prepared baking pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center is just set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack then refrigerate until firm and chilled, 8 hours-overnight.
- Using ice cream scooper or large spoon, scoop cheesecake and top with your favorite sundae toppings.
First Published: September 6, 2015... Last Updated: October 29, 2020