Heirloom Tomato Pesto Pizza is bursting with the fresh flavors of summer. Grilled pizza crust or flatbread is topped with our homemade Kale Pesto, fresh mozzarella, gorgeous juicy heirloom tomatoes and drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
Tomato Pesto Pizza Recipe
The produce aisles and farmers markets are brimming with summer's bounty of fresh produce! It's a fabulously delicious season! Fire up the grill and you'll have a pizza full of nutrition and fresh summertime flavors! Grilled pizza crust topped with Kale Pesto , fresh mozzarella, gorgeous juicy heirloom tomatoes and drizzled with balsamic vinegar will delight your taste buds and make you wish summer will never end!
Learn all about pesto, what does pesto taste like, how to make it, store it and even freeze it, along with lots more pesto recipes!
Homemade Pizza Recipes
Love pizza as much as I do? Then you'll want to give these homemade pizza recipes a try too!
Grilled Prosciutto, Parmesan and Arugula Salad Pizza, a grilled pizza topped with a bed of baby arugula greens lightly tossed in a white balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Caprese, the beloved combination of mozzarella, tomato and basil with balsamic vinegar, becomes a Meatless Monday meal or fabulous appetizer as Grilled Pesto Caprese Naan Pizza!
And if you're craving a taste of italy then Grilled Pesto Pizza with pesto, asiago cheese, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, fresh tomatoes and bacon is definitely for you!
Pizza for breakfast? You don't have t wait for lunch or dinner to have your pizza when there's Smoked Mozzarella & Prosciutto Breakfast Pizza with an egg baked in the oven!
And did you know that you can have your spaghetti and meatballs and eat your pizza too with Deep Dish Spaghetti & Meatball Pizza? And I would be remiss if I didn't mention Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pizza! Combining the flavors of Ranch and Buffalo, this pizza will certainly become a go-to favorite. So many pizzas, so little time!
Grilled Heirloom Tomato Pesto Pizza
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pkg. (10.5 oz. ) Italian artisan pizza crust or naan flatbread
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup kale pesto
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) cherry heirloom tomatoes, chopped, 1 1/2 cups*
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat grill for direct heat grilling.
- Brush top of pizza crust with 1 Tbs. olive oil. Place, oiled side down, on grill. Grill until hot and just beginning to blacken, 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, brush remaining olive oil on pizza crust that is facing up (this will be the bottom of your pizza once you turn it).
- Turn pizza crust so top of pizza is now facing up. Top with pesto, mozzarella and tomatoes. Grill until pizza is heated through, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from grill and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Thanks for stopping by. Leave a tip or comment...