Our Coconut Almond Sugar Cookies recipe starts with a mix and ends up tasting homemade! Coconut, almonds and extract combine with a storebought cookie mix for homemade goodness.
With Christmas right around the corner it’s time to start baking up some fabulously delicious holiday cookies!
Are you short on time? Looking for a quick and easy cookie to bake up that starts with a mix and ends up tasting homemade?
Can’t decide between almond cookies and coconut cookies? No worries, I’ve got you covered!
By adding just a few extra ingredients to a sugar cookie mix you’ll have swirls of flavor filling your home as you bake up a batch of our almond sugar cookie recipe.
Toast the shredded coconut and sliced almonds to give them a deep rich flavor. Just add that toasted coconut and almonds combo along with almond extract and a couple basic ingredients to the mix.
Let your mixer do the “chopping” of the sliced almonds (I love that part!).
Shape into balls, top with sugar and an almond and bake away for some irresistible deliciousness!
I’m sorry to say that you will most likely have a difficult time waiting for these bites of goodness to cool before indulging. I personally find these almond sugar cookies just too tempting to resist!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Be sure to visit the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for GG's personal kitchen recommendations!
How to make almond sugar cookies
- Toast shredded coconut and sliced almonds to give them a deep rich flavor.
- Combine sugar cookie mix, butter, egg and almond extract until a dough forms.
- Stir toasted coconut almond mixture into dough until blended.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces and shape each piece into a round ball. Arrange, in batches, on baking sheets.
- Press sugar coated glass onto each cookie to flatten.
- Top each cookie with a whole almond.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are golden.
- Cool and enjoy!
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Be sure to toast the coconut and sliced almonds for a richer flavor
- Add festive sprinkle to the cookie dough
- Make it even easier and start with a refrigerated sugar cookie dough. Just stir in the toasted mixture, roll in sugar and top with an almond!
- Prefer another nut? Substitute your favorite nut for the alomnds. Be sure to chop it before toasting
Ingredients for coconut cookies
- shredded coconut
- sliced almonds
- sugar cookie mix
- almond extract
- granulated sugar
- whole almonds
Coconut Almond Sugar Cookies
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix , such as Betty Crocker
- 6 Tbs. butter , at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- granulated sugar
- 24 whole almonds
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- . Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine coconut and sliced almonds and then arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 4 minutes. Let cool.
- With mixer on medium-high combine sugar cookie mix, butter, egg and almond extract until a dough forms.
- Stir cooled toasted coconut almond mixture into dough until blended.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball. Arrange, in batches, on baking sheets.
- Fill one small bowl with cold water. Fill another small bowl with granulated sugar. Dip flat bottom of a glass into water, then dip into sugar to coat and gently press onto cookie dough balls to make 2-inch diameter round cookies.
- Press a whole almond into center of each cookie.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms and edges are golden.
- Cool 3 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely, if you can resist!
- It’s important to toast the coconut and sliced almonds for a richer flavor
- Prefer another nut? Be sure to chop that nut before toasting
- Add your favorite sprinkles to the cookie dough
Thanks for stopping by. Leave a tip or comment...