Summer Salad Recipe
The crunch of fresh fennel, the juiciness of mandarin oranges and the crispness of radishes all come together to make Fresh Fennel & Mandarin Salad an amazing combination of flavors and textures. Tossed in a lime-kissed vinaigrette, Fresh Fennel & Mandarin Salad is as flavorful as it is colorful! It’s the perfect addition to your collection of summertime recipes.
Summer Side Dish Recipes
How about adding some delicious side dish recipes to your summer menu rotation? Fresh vegetables are tossed together with farro in a lime scented dressing making Zucchini & Corn Farro Salad both refreshing and nutritious. Zucchini Pasta Pomodoro is bursting with the summertime flavors of zucchini noodles, tomatoes and fresh basil. Strawberry Pistachio Quinoa lightly coated in a lemon oregano vinaigrette is a great way to use those fragrant strawberries of summer. Lemon Basil Avocado Quinoa is a light yet satisfying addition to any summer meal. Heirloom Tomato & Cucumber Summer Salad is an easy summer side dish bursting with tomatoes and cucumbers lightly coated in a tangy red wine vinaigrette. Don’t you just love summer?
The crunch of fresh fennel, the juiciness of mandarin oranges and the crispness of radishes all come together in a lime-kissed vinaigrette to make Fresh Fennel & Mandarin Salad an amazing combination of flavors and textures.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 (12 oz.) bulb fresh fennel, trimmed, thinly sliced, about 2 heaping cups
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained*
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes, cut in half moons, about 6 radishes
- In serving bowl combine olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, sugar, kosher salt and cracked black pepper until blended.
- Add fennel, oranges and radishes. Toss until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve, tossing before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
*If you're lucky enough to find clementines or tangerines in your produce aisle during the summer please use them in place of the canned mandarin oranges! Just peel 2 clementines or tangerines, pull apart into segments and add to the salad for extra fresh flavor!